Record Count in: Metronome first beat

Ray

Question

Hi,

When I choose 1 or more "Record Count-in" in metronome settings for playback and recording, then hit play, the metronome emphasizes the 1st beat, so that is working.  When I choose to record, then the 2nd beat is emphasized every measure....weiiirrrrrd.  Just to let you know if "0" is selected in "Record Count-in", then the emphasis is on the 1st beat whether playing back or recording.

If anyone would reply as to what I am doing wrong it would be appreciated!

Tks!

2 answers to this question

Well, I am not sure what your settings are for the metronome, but I can tell you I just took a noodling project I had set up for capturing a few guitar ideas, and I changed the metronome choices under Project > Metronome, in Preferences, first to use 1 measure count-in, and set it for both Play and Record, and it worked just fine, during both playback and recording, with the emphasis on the 1st beat of each measure.

I then altered it again, to use 2 measures of count-in, and again tested it for both playback and recording, and again it worked as anticipated, with a slight emphasis on the 1st beat of each measure.

In the above tests, I did let it either play or record for the indicated count-in number of measures, and then 4 full measures of either playback or record, to be sure I ran the tests long enough to satisfy myself on my observations.

Have you made other changes to the metronome section's parameters?  If so, please detail them, and I will conduct my tests again to match whatever settings you are using.

Bob Bone

Tkx for the reply Mr. Bone!  Did you try count-in of zero when recording, to see if the emphasized beat is at the same beat as when your count-in is set to one or more when recording?

I have not made any adjustments to the settings in settings other than the metronome "count-in" number.  I just tried "count-in" with my old Cakewalk Music Creator 7 and it is behaving exactly like Cakewalk by Bandlab.  Pushing record, with the now time indicator on any first beat and count-in other than zero, it starts to move on the fourth metronome beat.  Anywhere I start the now time indicator when recording the first metronome beat (emphasized) is always on the second beat of the measure when count-in is not zero......so weird!

Tkx again!

Edited by Ray