Console strips revert to default size

Bob Lyn

Just loaded CWBL onto a new laptop.  Having a few issues after reopening a saved file. 

1. Header saved as show all modules, reverts to picture below
  2. When project is first opened strips open just as saved (narrow) then reverts to wide in picture below 
  3. midi strips saved as hidden, reverts to "show"
  4. Icons revert to hidden
  5. Browser pane shows up as open, right side in picture.
  6. How do I remedy this?

image.thumb.png.9ee0a1b834e1d83b45be781c7e86c80b.png

25 minutes ago, Bob Lyn said:

Just loaded CWBL onto a new laptop.  Having a few issues after reopening a saved file. 

1. Header saved as show all modules, reverts to picture below
  2. When project is first opened strips open just as saved (narrow) then reverts to wide in picture below 
  3. midi strips saved as hidden, reverts to "show"
  4. Icons revert to hidden
  5. Browser pane shows up as open, right side in picture.
  6. How do I remedy this?

I suspect this might be related to discussions in recent threads addressing screen sets, locked screen sets, and Workspaces. Are you using any of those to save/restore your project?

This is one recent thread. I recall others.

Also, in a thread related to a recent hotfix, there's this:

18 hours ago, Noel Borthwick said:
  • Track icons are now shown by default in the Console view when using the Basic and Record workspaces. Note: Factory workspaces are always overwritten when installing a new release.  If you need to customize a factory workspace, please save your workspace as a new name to prevent it from getting overwritten by a future Cakewalk release.

See also Noel Borthwick's comments in the thread linked above.

I recall other related references, too; I hope these (above) help get you to a customized solution that works for you.

Edited by User 905133
(2) to add a possibly relevant quote; (1) to add a link to one of several possible related threads

Thanks for your responses and leads.

I believe I have it solved. I noticed the upper right hand corner of tool bar said "Basic". I checked my fully functioning PC and discovered it's set for NONE. 

image.png.c64e200e67574597632743c52207e33b.png

I opened drop down list and changed it from BASIC to "NONE". Thereafter it said Workspaces.

image.png.bfe6997e9ca3450925d957e590e2532a.png

All is well!!!

• Like 1