Coffee/Espresso Machines

Mesh

I've been using the AeroPress for about 4-5yrs now and although I like how good it is, it does take a bit of time/work to make two cups. The Mrs. & I like the AeroPress as it makes a very nice strong cup of coffee.....just getting lazy to make it lol.

So now, we're looking for any recommendations on an electric (programmable) machine that's hopefully comparable in quality.

I never liked the time it took to use an expresso machine, and a regular machine will make some pretty strong coffee if the beans are ground to dust. Just be careful of this if the machine has a fast brew rate, since dust will plug the filters quicker and take longer to drain. You won't get the last bit of water from the grounds without pressure, but a high percentage of the coffee is actually in the first cup from a regular pot (even without grinding to dust).

If you want to be hard core and not worried about getting your teeth dirty, Turkish coffee is actually made with the grounds in the cup (often with cardamom). You can swirl them and drink them too, or let them settle out.

32 minutes ago, Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL) said:

I’ve checked the dictionary and it seems you’re allowed to use eXpresso  because its being used often enough to become accepted. Hmm

Ignorance wins the day yet again.

But then we live in a world where lies trump the truth, because the truth is boring but the lies appeal to the worst of human nature.

Coffee-IDrinkPeriodically.jpg

Coffee-Murder.jpg

Coffee-MuggedEveryMorning.jpg

I have two coffee makers. 

The first is a $12 Mr. Coffee that only does one thing:  Makes a perfect pot of regular coffee in 14 minutes (which I always drink hot & black while working - I have a mug warmer so I can enjoy it slowly). 

The second is a Nespresso Dolce Gusto Genio 2 which uses expensive pods like crazy, but can make any weird-sounding coffee-like drink in mere seconds (this one only gets used on lazy weekend days since, IMHO, the coffee isn't warm enough, there's not enough of it, and... see my note about coffee maker #1).  Here's what it looks like though:

image.png.9f056aed95d82299906547969a50d7fb.png

• Haha 1