Sluggish save in CWBB

Marc Keefer

Question

Hello,

I am a former Sonar user that has begun using CWBB.  In Sonar, the time to save a project is very fast. In CWBB, it can take up to 10 seconds.  

Anyone else experiencing slow project save times?

I do use some iZotope plugins and have seen posts about Ozone 9 taking a long time to load. Related?

Thanks, Marc

5 answers to this question

Can you tell us a bit about your system, your projects and average track count?

Is there an antivirus program operating on the folders you're saving to.  Personally, I exclude any Cakewalk folders from antivirus real time scans (program and data)

There are disk faults that can manifest as slow saves (But I would expect slow loads as well).  Check your Windows system event viewer just to rule out disk errors (like bad blocks).  

Thanks Promidi and sorry for the delayed reply.  This project has 31 tracks.  I turned off antivirus but it had no positive effect.  I have done some testing with other smaller projects and CWBBL is very quick on save.  I'll chalk it up to something in the project that's causing the slow save.  If I figure out what it was specifically, I'll post that finding here.  For now, I'll be patient.  I'm almost done with this project.

Thanks again.

Marc

@chuckebaby: Thanks, I'll give that a try. Thanks for your response.

@Matthew Sorrels:  Yes, I use Melodyne (including this one project).     With Melodyne, I know (and accept) that Audio Exports take longer due to all of the Melodyne Region FX and I'll sometimes Bounce To Clip(s) if it becomes a nuisance.   It's just that I've never had a Project Save take this long.  Thanks for your response.