8DIO Christmas Sales

ZincT

Although Requiem Professional is a bit long in the tooth, at $88 I’m still interested. A choir has been one of the few things I was looking for this holiday season, as the small choir I already have only includes aaahs and ooohs. Those phrases are great for simple self-admiration, but not very useful in a more epic context.

And then we have the word builder. Ag Cre Cru Nis Nus Rhi, as they say in outer space.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, simon said:

I'm starting to dislike this forum - it's costing me a fortune, I came here to SAVE money !

😡

it was a good deal though :)

picked up Requiem a couple of cheapies, and Steel Guitar for free

I am sooooo tempted by this too. I didn't think I would use the Harp freebie but the guitar is another matter and I only have their Instant Steel String Guitar library which looks/sounds a bit dated now.

Requiem should come in handy for that choir remake of Mustang Sally I'm doing :- Mus-Sanc S-Ah-Lee

🤔🙄

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1
  • Haha 2

Just checking @simon - I notice it says "free with any spend OVER $98" so does $98 qualify or do you have to spend $99 or more?

Wouldn't want to miss out on the freebie for the sake of a dollar!

Does it show you the freebie in your basket before you commit to buy the other bits?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Just checking @simon - I notice it says "free with any spend OVER $98" so does $98 qualify or do you have to spend $99 or more?

Wouldn't want to miss out on the freebie for the sake of a dollar!

Does it show you the freebie in your basket before you commit to buy the other bits?

Thanks

no !  and I was wary of the same thing  (great minds think alike) - so I bought 2 x $8 libraries just in case -  I got the oboe (which is/was on sale ) and the road trip.

---------

as always Larry is faster on the draw :)  - wouldn't like to go up against him in a wild west shootout 💀☠️

Edited by simon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, simon said:

IMO this looks like at least one of the cheap ones to pick up:

https://8dio.com/instrument/8dioboe-vst-au-aax-kontakt-instruments-samples/

should have been back to full price by today

I bought it last year in their sales and it's good for that price.

I'm also waiting to see what the All Claire offer will be as I believe the Oboe in that is superior (not to mention the other instruments). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ZincT said:

I bought it last year in their sales and it's good for that price.

I'm also waiting to see what the All Claire offer will be as I believe the Oboe in that is superior (not to mention the other instruments). 

arghhh - not another one I might be forced to buy.

I think this has been the most expensive start of the month I can remember - and we've got the January sales to come soon

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, simon said:

arghhh - not another one I might be forced to buy.

I think this has been the most expensive start of the month I can remember - and we've got the January sales to come soon

Arghh indeed!

I just think of it as getting stuff that I would want later in the year but would be too expensive. So buy it all now and spread the savings throughout the year!
Of course I would then have to not buy anything else until next BF/Christmas. Yeah - that's gonna happen! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Arghh indeed!

I just think of it as getting stuff that I would want later in the year but would be too expensive. So buy it all now and spread the savings throughout the year!
Of course I would then have to not buy anything else until next BF/Christmas. Yeah - that's gonna happen! 

that's what I tell myself  too - and yes it doesn't seem to stop me spending.  We're being outsmarted by the vendors spreading their discounts throughout the year......

sneaky

• Like 2