Custom toolbars

dwf2008

Question

8 answers to this question

Not 100% sure if this is what you want, but it seems to me the Custom Module on the Control Bar might be what you are looking for (based on your reference to the save and cut buttons. I will work from that assumption for the time being.

If the Custom Module is not on your Control Bar, enable it by (1) right clicking on the Control Bar, (2) selecting Modules, and (3) enabling the Custom Module.

From there you can right click on any button and choose what functionality you want the button to have.

image.png.eb5be28f6c5d42a082a3a0d453771ee4.png      image.png.c7709fb57500c4bd714e35b2b4a81f39.png   image.thumb.png.a9076f28e98b631dc8a1b74d887d16db.png

Footnotes: (1) Below is one of "Mine" just as an example. (2) If you get into creating different Workspaces for different tasks/workflows, you can have different sets of customized buttons.  For example, I have been working on a Staff Entry Workspace to help me focus on (1) entering notes either by a usb keyboard or by the Tools Module and (2) editing them either in the Staff View or another view (including the Event List).

image.png.2913a739202e8ff9a10893e192a7f97f.png     image.png.e66ef7f2eec8d2214b384e854332af85.png

Edited by User 905133
fixtypo; to add some footnotes that address other related customization ideas
  • Like 1

On 5/7/2020 at 8:59 PM, Chappel said:

One thing I notice is that neither of the MIDI tracks are assigned to a MIDI channel. When I put the first track on channel 1 and the second track on channel 2, both faders work the way they are supposed to.

On 5/8/2020 at 3:40 AM, Nigel Mackay said:

Expand the track downwards and you will see 5 dropdowns.
I      Input MIDI channel for recording
O   Output - which instrument is the MIDI routed to.
C   The MIDI channel used to send to the instrument selected in O
B   Bank number for patch changes in multi-timbre instruments
P   Patch number in the bank.

These all appear in the Inspector as well, just laid out differently.

19 hours ago, Kurre said:

More than a year to give an answer.

I would hate to be in a chat room with you. 😜

Kurre, for some reason the forum is NOT notifying me when there is a reply to my posts.  I just discovered there were replies the other night.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, tecknot said:

Hi dwf2008,

Unfortunately, the Custom module in the Control Bar is all you get to customize commands.

Kind regards,

tecknot

Tecknot, yes that is my point and why I requested a better system for customizing. I keep hoping it will get better.

1 hour ago, dwf2008 said:

Kurre, for some reason the forum is NOT notifying me when there is a reply to my posts.  I just discovered there were replies the other night.

Notification means that if you log in to the forum the notification bell in the top right corner will  show the number of notifications. Click on it and you get a list of notifications.