Show only vst3 plugs?

jono grant

Hey,

I've installed some izotope plugins and it installed vst2 and vst3 versions.

So in Cakewalk when I go to insert a plugin, I see two entries for each plugin, one vst2 and one vst3.

How can I get Cakewalk to only use the vst3 ones and only show them? Do I remove some dlls somewhere or is there another way to do it?

Thanks!

Jono

There is  a setting in Preferences called "Hide Related VST2 Plug-ins" under VST3 Migration, which does work as it is advertised to do.  Turn that checkbox on and see if that solves your dilemma.

And I was just asking about plug-in management a day or two ago.  You can pick up some things here:

https://discuss.cakewalk.com/index.php?/topic/9186-help-on-how-to-manage-or-delete-plugins/&tab=comments#comment-81784

Edited by Toddskins

5 minutes ago, Toddskins said:

But also, the setting in Preferences called "Hide Related VST2 Plug-ins" under VST3 Migration, does not seem to work as it is advertised to do.  

It works but depends on plug-in manufacturers' to support the process.

I just looked and it was already checked... so I guess izotope doesn't support that feature.

Can I find the vst2 dlls and move them? Or is it easier just to reinstall and uncheck vst2?

(Also wondering if I open an older project where I may have used a vst2 version, will it still find the plug if I only have the vst3 version?)

Thanks!

Jono

Edited by jono grant