Where do I find program change in CW?

Denis Grandmont

Question

Hi all, I use my Korg Kronos with midi in CW.

Everytime I hit the play button, CW is instantly sending a bank/patch change to the Kronos and the song starts on the wrong bank, even though I didn't insert a bank/batch change command.

Then I stop the song, select the right patch on my instrument, play the song again and same thing, I end up on a another patch.

Sinmple question: Where can I see (and delete) that midi (or sysex) info sent to my external instrument?

Cheers!

Edited by Dniss

4 answers to this question

On opening a MIDI file, Cakewalk reads any initial controller and  program change messages for each track into their corresponding controls/widgets in the track header, and sends them every time you start playback even after they've been deleted from the Event view or PRV. Show 'All' controls in the MIDI track using the Track Control Manager dropdown at the top of the track area, and change or clear the values in the Bank and Patch widgets.

34 minutes ago, Dniss said:

Hi all, I use my Korg Kronos with midi in CW.

Everytime I hit the play button, CW is instantly sending a bank/patch change to the Kronos and the song starts on the wrong bank, even though I didn't insert a bank/batch change command.

Then I stop the song, select the right patch on my instrument, play the song again and same thing, I end up on a another patch.

image.png.45b8e85cdf2d5a4a32ec8190eb7c51cf.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Baay said:

On opening a MIDI file, Cakewalk reads any initial controller and  program change messages for each track into their corresponding controls/widgets in the track header, and sends them every time you start playback even after they've been deleted from the Event view or PRV. Show 'All' controls in the MIDI track using the Track Control Manager dropdown at the top of the track area, and change or clear the values in the Bank and Patch widgets.

Hi David, thanks for the reply.

It's not a midi file( or perhaps it is, it's a CW project), but your info will be usefull nevertheless as I was looking for this.

Thanks

Edited by Dniss