Gforce - 3 synth sale

simon

SYNTH SALE! 3 for £99.99, 2 for £66.66, 1 for £33.33

Hi

For the first time we're offering you the opportunity to purchase our synthesizers, impOSCar2®, Oddity2® and Minimonsta® at the truly impulse price of £33.33 each.

This unique offer runs until 25th December, 2019.

https://www.gforcesoftware.com/gshop/products

they are hardly giving you any discount for buying more than one  so not quite sure why they are drawing attention to 3 for £99.99 ?

Full version of Kontakt not required - neither is the Kontakt player (blah blah blah getting bored of this now 🙄)

Edited by simon
  • Thanks 2

I have the M-tron but nothing else, but here's my 2 cents:

These synths have been around for a long time in one form or another - doesn't make them bad but I suspect they haven't had a lot of dev time over the years. 

Up until recently the m-tron was the only decent mellotron vsti - and they offer loads of expansion tapes, but it really is overpriced for 2019.  I have the arturia collecton that now includes a mellotron and I probably wouldn't have bought m-tron if the arturia was around at the time.   The GUI on the m-tron is a little bit last century

I don't believe there is a demo version of these so no real way of knowing if they are any good - it's a real shame as it's good to support smaller developers over the big companies.......

TLDR: I'd pass

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I own all ...the one i used the most is string close fallowed by mtron ...

The FX built in are one of the most analogish sounding i've found , the ensmeble is really worth alone !!! browsing is a pain but learnt to handle it ...

Edited by Zo

I love Minimonsta and prefer it to the Arturia Mini V.  I also have an like M-Tron but that's not in this sale. I am tempted by Oddity, The Odyssey  one of the "classic" 70's analogue synths I do not have an emulation of and I have been waiting for a good price. I will however wait a bit before deciding, after all I have a shed load of synths already.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Zo said:

I own all ...the one i used the most is string close fallowed by mtron ...

The FX built in are one of the most analogish sounding i've found , the ensmeble is really worth alone !!! browsing is a pain but learnt to handle it ...

thanks Zo - you've cost me money 👿

:):) :) 

14 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

I love Minimonsta and prefer it to the Arturia Mini V.  I also have an like M-Tron but that's not in this sale. I am tempted by Oddity, The Odyssey  one of the "classic" 70's analogue synths I do not have an emulation of and I have been waiting for a good price. I will however wait a bit before deciding, after all I have a shed load of synths already.

I'm also tempted by the Oddity. Really love that synth and I have Korg ‎ARP ODYSSEi on the iPad but nothing on the PC. 

Trying the demo....https://www.gforcesoftware.com/products/oddity2/demo_download 

Very nice..it's a yes from me. Now to try the ImpOscar!

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, simon said:

quick heads up 

google detects viruses in all three installers ? - online scanners also showing malicious software - maybe a false positive  ?

ImpOscar and Oddity2 demo installers are clear as far as Kaspersky is concerned. Anyone else detect anything malicious?

Which online scanner did you use? 

Update: Using VirusTotal online scan...

1 out of 60 scanners (Clam-AV) detected Win.Worm.Palevo-35017 (Ad-Aware) in Oddity2 demo.

2 out of 70 scanners (but only listed 1 -  Endgame) detected Malicious (moderate Confidence) in ImpOscar demo.

These look like false positives to me. Anyone else?

Edited by ZincT
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ZincT said:

ImpOscar andOddity2 demo installers are clear as far as Kaspersky is concerned. Anyone else detect anything malicious?

Which online scanner did you use? 

I had them in my google drive - and google warned on the download - ClamAV also give a positive - and kaspersky gives a negative.   Sites like https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload do a scan across various databases.

I'm 80% (!) sure it's a false positive - but makes me a little nervous

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, simon said:

I had them in my google drive - and google warned on the download - ClamAV also give a positive - and kaspersky gives a negative.   Sites like https://www.virustotal.com/gui/home/upload do a scan across various databases.

I'm 80% (!) sure it's a false positive - but makes me a little nervous

OK I had updated my post after running them through Virustotal. False positives are a nightmare! Yes does make you feel a little nervous. Doing a full system scan on Kaspersky now 😟

I recently switched back to Kaspersky from BitDefender as it constantly gave me false positives for Music Production software (updating TH-U and Jamstix for example).

Edited by ZincT

3 minutes ago, simon said:

minimonsta flags an error on ClamAV too

I wouldn't have bothered if Google hadn't flagged it, although ClamAV is normally pretty good too.

Worth emailing Gforce support? The Clam-AV one listed says (Ad-Aware) after it which make me wonder whether it is some kind of adware? 

Annoyingly, I recently removed Malwarebytes as Kaspersky would not install unless I did and I think that has an adware detector.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, ZincT said:

Worth emailing Gforce support? The Clam-AV one listed says (Ad-Aware) after it which make me wonder whether it is some kind of adware? 

Annoyingly, I recently removed Malwarebytes as Kaspersky would not install unless I did and I think that has an adware detector.

I emailed them earlier - they are normally pretty good at replying but the support guy (Graeme) isn't the dev so I suspect the answer will be inconclusive.....plus it's Friday evening here in the UK so if he has any sense he's switched his computer off by now and is down in the pub 👍

clamAV is flagging them as Win.Worm.Palevo-35017 - a bit of googling shows that seems to be a fairly old virus scanner and one that windows defender is aware of.  That points towards a false positive as windows defender doesn't flag it.

I'll leave it an hour and then install - I mean what can possibly go wrong !!!! :)

----

edit - if I hear anything back obviously I'll post back here ... and not trying to panic anyone, I'm sure it's fine  - but you can't be too careful.

I might install on my laptop and then do a full virus scan - I'm paranoid/OCD about my audio PC, it runs so beautifully and I can't bear the though of having to reinstall - especially the amount of software that cclarry has forced me to buy !

Edited by simon
  • Haha 2