Give Me A Little Loving

Douglas Kirby

Hi Everybody,

This is a track off of my new album "A Gray Colored Sky".  I mixed it in Cakewalk by BandLab and mastered it with Ozone 9. The lead guitar tracks are the first time I've used my new Telecaster (I bought it used). Thanks for listening and all comments and critiques are welcome.

Here it is:

https://www.soundclick.com/music/songInfo.cfm?songID=13950179

• Like 1

David Sprouse - Thank you very much for listening - yeah I liked the Kinks growing up - cheers.

DeeringAmps - Thank you very much for your comments - I'll give the outro another listen.

ABull - I'll give the mix another listen and perhaps add a bit more warmth to the mix.

Old Joad - Thank you very much for listening to my tune.

congalocke - Thanks for listening - the Telecaster definitely adds a different flavor on lead.

Douglas, this is another strong song from you.  It really has that 60's vibe in both the style and production of this song.  I wonder how this would sound if you uploaded a 16/44.1 track rather than an MP3.  SoundClick will take a CD quality mix now, but even a higher sampling rate for the MP3 might let us know how you hear it better.  Personally, I don't think it needs much attention because you've already done the hard part,  keep up the good work!

martsave martin s - Thanks for giving my song a listen.  That lead guitar on the bridge is my Telecaster through THU - I think THU is a really cool guitar plug.  I used to use PodFarm - but THU blows it away.

Lynn - I use iTunes for the conversion from wav file to mp3 - I'm going to see if I can use something different for better quality. Like you said, SoundClick takes CD quality mixes now - perhaps it's time for a change.  I'm glad you liked the song - cheers.

• Like 1