Using midi controller in Sonar

Hrabe EM

I have the foot midi controller and its working with Bias FX when iI use it as stadalone. I would like to use controller inside Sonar too. But I am helpless with it. I thought that I could create midi track which will send midi to Bias (VST) , but theres no possibility to insert send at midi track. anyone some hlep? Thanks everyone for some tip...

Výstřižek.JPG

If Bias (or any FX plug-in) works with MIDI data make sure the "Enable MIDI Input" is selected in the VST2/3 drop down above the plug-in UI.

WBoEAIf.png

When enabled, the plug-in will be listed in MIDI track input drop downs. Make sure input echo is enabled on the MIDI track

Any plug-in may use MIDI for automation via Remote Control and ACT

19 hours ago, scook said:

If Bias (or any FX plug-in) works with MIDI data make sure the "Enable MIDI Input" is selected in the VST2/3 drop down above the plug-in UI.

WBoEAIf.png

When enabled, the plug-in will be listed in MIDI track input drop downs. Make sure input echo is enabled on the MIDI track

Any plug-in may use MIDI for automation via Remote Control and ACT

Yes, I haven't selected this!...now its working!...some switches on controller work now, some do nothing (in standalone worked) but, now I try to resolve, but thank you very much!

Edited by Hrabe EM

19 hours ago, msmcleod said:

I thought you might be able to use the new "MIDI Learn" function, but I can't work out how to route this to VST effect parameters.

You can do it using ACT though...

Craig Anderton wrote an article way back in 2007 about this:

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques/using-sonars-act-hardware-controllers

thanks i will see