Jump to content
cclarry

ReValver Acquired by Audio Media Research - Revalver is now FREE!!!

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

ReValver 4 Modules included for Free

ValveKing® & Custom Lite Amp Modules

RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)

Lite Green & Tremolo Stomp Boxes

C-verb Lite Effects Module

Audio Stream splitter

ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets)

Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets & ACT Content

Thanks Larry...

 

I can't seem to find the included modules. Everything is marked with a D and emits the beeps...

Any hints on how to find these?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Keni said:

Thanks Larry...

 

I can't seem to find the included modules. Everything is marked with a D and emits the beeps...

Any hints on how to find these?

 

Apparently only the C-Reverb module based on what the Peavey Site says.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok...you have to log in to the Amp Store, click on "download" to get rid of the "D"

Been awhile

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never mind...

I didn't finish the authorization as there was no prompt to do so.

Now I've got that basic list... Very skimpy. So I can see why they give it for free... It seems pretty necessary to buy a number of things to make this really useful. The older version that we got free prior to Peavey came with much more.

I guess I'll continue to stick with Amplitube...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Ok...you have to log in to the Amp Store, click on "download" to get rid of the "D"

Been awhile

Thanks

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, cclarry said:

ReValver 4 Modules included for Free

ValveKing® & Custom Lite Amp Modules

RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)

Lite Green & Tremolo Stomp Boxes

C-verb Lite Effects Module

Audio Stream splitter

ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets)

Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets & ACT Content

A lotta lite

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No change from before.  Hopefully they'll put some money into the platform; there's good tones to be found but it definitely needs repackaging. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Per Westin said:

The original developer/owner was actually Stockholm-based Alien Connections, I can´t remember when Peavey bought it, but it was eons ago..

That's right man, back when Peavey acquired quite a few things such as Budda, Revalver, Damage Control, and think there was a iRig type deal and some other stuff.

There was a thread not too far back mentioning where Craig Anderton gets a sneak peek at the new Revalver. So, I'm curious now as to whether Peavey stipulated per the sale/acquisition that AMR that you could use it as is, but beyond that the Peavey and Budda logos (and whatever else) need to be removed from the software on the first AMR release (unless they grandfathered em in). Well, hope the new version comes out soon and  is a step in the right direction (interface and sound).

Edited by Musical Warmth 5150

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe I"m doing something wrong, but every 60 seconds this thing makes a noise.  Exactly on the minute.   Like it's a demo. 

Anybody else having this problem?    Is there some way I'm supposed to authorize it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Reid Rosefelt said:

Maybe I"m doing something wrong, but every 60 seconds this thing makes a noise.  Exactly on the minute.   Like it's a demo. 

Anybody else having this problem?    Is there some way I'm supposed to authorize it? 

You have to log in to the Amp Store, then hit "Download", which will update
the included modules from "Demo" to "Full"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cclarry said:

You have to log in to the Amp Store, then hit "Download", which will update
the included modules from "Demo" to "Full"

You also have to put in a USB drive, which must then must stay on your computer forever.  It wouldn't accept my VSL/Steinberg licensor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So those who do get this understand, what you dowload is
a DEMO, and will not update until you log in to the Amp Store,
and press "Download" which will update the program to the included
Modules, or, if you don't already have an account, you will have to 
create one when you press "Amp Store" and the Log In dialog pops up!

The Modules will have a red "D" in the upper right hand corner until
they have been activated!

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

You also have to put in a USB drive, which must then must stay on your computer forever.  It wouldn't accept my VSL/Steinberg licensor.

Not required.  Don't know why you got that, but this has nothing to do with a USB Drive.
I've had ReValver for quite a while, and there is no USB drive required

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cclarry said:

So those who do get this understand, what you dowload is
a DEMO, and will not update until you log in to the Amp Store,
and press "Download" which will update the program to the included
Modules, or, if you don't already have an account, you will have to 
create one when you press "Amp Store" and the Log In dialog pops up!

The Modules will have a red "D" in the upper right hand corner until
they have been activated!

Are they sending a redeem code for the free stuff? If so, hit that first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cclarry said:

Not required.  Don't know why you got that, but this has nothing to do with a USB Drive.
I've had ReValver for quite a while, and there is no USB drive required

It doesn't have to be a USB/flash drive, it can be an external hard drive or an ilok, but starting with Revalver 4 you have to put the license somewhere (granted don't know what AMR's policy is going to be here)

Edited by Musical Warmth 5150

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I didn't imagine the bit about the USB drive.   Maybe this is something new.  Let's see if anybody who is new to Revalver discovers it.

Anyway, I've tried six times to authorize the demo.  Every time it tells me that the licenses have been downloaded and everything is fine.  But it doesn't work.

I restart Revalver and restart Cubase.  I restarted my computer twice.  No luck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Musical Warmth 5150 said:

Are they sending a redeem code for the free stuff? If so, hit that first.

no redeem code sent out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Here is the authorization that I see every time.  But it doesn't work. Note the mention of the USB hardware device at the bottom.  It would not proceed without me putting in a new USB.

 

1657547749_licensefile.jpg.244903cab87c5a2e943337368db9180c.jpg

additionally.jpg.837fb54186dc2bad48868cc045ba538c.jpg

 

 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that is possible is that--now that they are giving away the base application for free--they are more concerned with making money on the expansions.  That may explain this USB thing.  But obviously it won't affect people who already own Revalver.  

I've written them and hopefully I will find out what I need to do.  They made a HUGE deal about me not losing the USB.  But I can't see anything written on it.  The license file referred to above was written to my computer. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...