ReValver Acquired by Audio Media Research - Revalver is now FREE!!!

cclarry

1 minute ago, Keni said:

Thanks Larry...

I can't seem to find the included modules. Everything is marked with a D and emits the beeps...

Any hints on how to find these?

Apparently only the C-Reverb module based on what the Peavey Site says.

Never mind...

I didn't finish the authorization as there was no prompt to do so.

Now I've got that basic list... Very skimpy. So I can see why they give it for free... It seems pretty necessary to buy a number of things to make this really useful. The older version that we got free prior to Peavey came with much more.

I guess I'll continue to stick with Amplitube...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cclarry said:

ReValver 4 Modules included for Free

ValveKing® & Custom Lite Amp Modules

RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)

Lite Green & Tremolo Stomp Boxes

C-verb Lite Effects Module

Audio Stream splitter

ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets)

Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets & ACT Content

A lotta lite

• Like 2

Just now, Reid Rosefelt said:

Maybe I"m doing something wrong, but every 60 seconds this thing makes a noise.  Exactly on the minute.   Like it's a demo. 

Anybody else having this problem?    Is there some way I'm supposed to authorize it? 

You have to log in to the Amp Store, then hit "Download", which will update
the included modules from "Demo" to "Full"

• Like 1

So those who do get this understand, what you dowload is
a DEMO, and will not update until you log in to the Amp Store,
and press "Download" which will update the program to the included
Modules, or, if you don't already have an account, you will have to 
create one when you press "Amp Store" and the Log In dialog pops up!

The Modules will have a red "D" in the upper right hand corner until
they have been activated!

Edited by cclarry
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

You also have to put in a USB drive, which must then must stay on your computer forever.  It wouldn't accept my VSL/Steinberg licensor.

Not required.  Don't know why you got that, but this has nothing to do with a USB Drive.
I've had ReValver for quite a while, and there is no USB drive required

Well, I didn't imagine the bit about the USB drive.   Maybe this is something new.  Let's see if anybody who is new to Revalver discovers it.

Anyway, I've tried six times to authorize the demo.  Every time it tells me that the licenses have been downloaded and everything is fine.  But it doesn't work.

I restart Revalver and restart Cubase.  I restarted my computer twice.  No luck. 

One thing that is possible is that--now that they are giving away the base application for free--they are more concerned with making money on the expansions.  That may explain this USB thing.  But obviously it won't affect people who already own Revalver.  

I've written them and hopefully I will find out what I need to do.  They made a HUGE deal about me not losing the USB.  But I can't see anything written on it.  The license file referred to above was written to my computer. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt

I only had three USB devices connected when I installed it today - an iLok, an e-licenser (neither of which seem to have been altered) and the AXE I/O audio interface.

ReValver downloaded and stored the license.txt file on my hard drive in C:\ProgramData\Peavey Electronics\ReValver 4\license 
If I select Options (cog wheel) and click on License File that's the location it opens.

The information on their web page says...

COPY PROTECTION

ReValver 4 will need to be locked to a USB device to activate the license. This can be, amongst others, anything from a memory stick, iLok2 (or other dongle), audio interface or USB hard drive. Take care to register the device you wish to use going forward as switching a device is limited to lost, broken or replaced devices & cannot be done without contacting support.

So, since the USB device can even be an audio interface, it doesn't actually store anything on the USB device but uses it as a "key" so unless that USB device is connected to the PC it won't allow the software to run. 

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 1