ReValver Acquired by Audio Media Research - Revalver is now FREE!!!

cclarry

Valued ReValver Customer,

As of December 1st, 2019, the ownership of the ReValver® line of guitar amplifier modeling software was passed from Peavey Electronics to Audio Media Research, Inc ( AMR ). AMR’s primary focus will be the continued support and development of ReValver, expanding the ReValver line, and bringing exciting new innovations to the guitar amp modeling software market.

Although this transition will not be without growing pains, rest assured that it will have no effect on your existing ReValver user accounts and purchased products. ReValver and the ReValver Amp Store are now available at www.audiomediaresearch.com. Certain user account tools that were available from the Peavey site, such as account/password management, are currently being migrated to the new site. You can expect these tools to be back online in the next 2-3 days. AMR customer support is here to assist in any way possible. We can be contacted at support@audiomediaresearch.com or you can open a support ticket in the “Support” section of the AMR website.

Both Peavey and AMR greatly appreciate your continued support of ReValver. Going forward, we at AMR are committed to serving you, our valued customers in any way possible. We are thrilled to have the opportunity to continue and further the legacy of the ReValver amp modeling line. Time and time again, ReValver has raised the bar for what is possible in guitar amp modeling software and AMR intends to continue this tradition. The innovations that will be introduced in the near future will give guitarists an unprecedented array of sonic tools at their fingertips. We think ReValver has an exciting future and we are thrilled to be making this journey with you.

Scott Mire
Audio Media Research, Inc.

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

Apparently the only thing you pay for is the add ons....

I recall downloading the Revalver trial a few years back and liking it.
There was some kind of modelling feature (ACT?) like Bias FX guitar match which makes your electric guitar sound like other guitars even acoustic.
I have eyed up the producer pack a few times but was waiting for a half-price sale or something close. I saw Soundwise's post re the recent sale prices but they weren't quite low enough for me. Maybe the new management will result in some more Christmas sales.

Still, I have already got too many guitar fx plu......wait......just realized that's not possible.

Loving the demo so far (The Lead preset is v coool).

UPDATE:  I managed to create/download a license file and imported it although I'm not sure that's necessary for the demo but it lets you do it! If you go to the "modules" section those with a red D are the ones you have to pay for so you can listen to them but they cause a beep every few seconds unless you buy them. Also the store icon flashes when you select a preset that uses paid content.

Edited by ZincT
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Revalver was always "free" if I recall correctly, offering a few of the many amps/pedals for all.  The demo "D" has been there all along, as well as the demo beeping.  Not sure if anything has actually changed here, outside of ownership.

possibly true - but I remember getting  a free version via xln a few years ago and that was revalver HPse, some kind of cut down verson ?

17 minutes ago, Marc Cormier said:

Revalver was always "free" if I recall correctly, offering a few of the many amps/pedals for all.  The demo "D" has been there all along, as well as the demo beeping.  Not sure if anything has actually changed here, outside of ownership.

ReValver base version was $99.99.  Even the "SE" version was $49.99, which we got free from XLN.
Yes, there has always been a WAY scaled down version for free, but not the version that is now free...

Edited by cclarry
  • Like 5

Way back in 2004 I bought Alien Connections Revalver Upgrade from Revalver SE in SONAR
XL or Guitar Tracks Pro for $59 from the Cakewalk store.

But when Peavey took over there was never really an upgrade path.  I think I picked up a amp for Revalver 4 from XLN audio one year (with a SONAR upgrade), not sure how I'd get that now if I even cared.

3 hours ago, Per Westin said:

The original developer/owner was actually Stockholm-based Alien Connections, I can´t remember when Peavey bought it, but it was eons ago..

I do remember now!! Yes I enjoyed the Alien Connections amp. Used it for a while too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Magic Russ said:

I can't seem to find a list of included gear. 

ReValver 4 Modules included for Free

ValveKing® & Custom Lite Amp Modules

RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)

Lite Green & Tremolo Stomp Boxes

C-verb Lite Effects Module

Audio Stream splitter

ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets)

Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets & ACT Content

• Thanks 1

Ok...a little Revalver history.

ReValver versions 1, 2, and 3, were not free.
Revalver 4 was free, and the paid upgrade for V3 users
was to the Producer Pack...which was $99.  ReValver 4
was when they adopted the "get the basic version" and then
pay for Add On Modules...

The Revalver 4SE we got with XLN included more than the 
standard FREE version.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, cclarry said:

ReValver 4 Modules included for Free

ValveKing® & Custom Lite Amp Modules

RIR 2 Lite Cabinet Modeling Module (3 x cabs, 3 x mics, multiple mic positions)

Lite Green & Tremolo Stomp Boxes

C-verb Lite Effects Module

Audio Stream splitter

ACT Content (1 x Acoustic Bundle, 2 x Electric Pickup Bundles, 4 x Output presets)

Access to the Amp Store for an ever growing selection of new modules, cabinets & ACT Content

Thanks Larry...

I can't seem to find the included modules. Everything is marked with a D and emits the beeps...

Any hints on how to find these?