Which Waves freebie to pick

Fleer

2 minutes ago, jesse g said:

I love the Aphex Exciter on vocals and some instruments to bring out their presence. 

True, but there I’m thinking the new Abbey Road Saturator was originally invented for a similar goal: boosting presence and treble. 

I’m afraid Waves transfers have become so expensive due to the fee they’re charging that it will be difficult to find them, Carlos, unless you’d be taking over entire accounts. They changed their policy last year. 

11 hours ago, Fleer said:

Was thinking PuigChild too, but already have IK VintageTube & Klanghelm MJUC, so I’m leaning towards Brauer Motion ...

To be honest Fleer, I like the IK version better. That and the 670 comp to me in my opinion sound much better than Waves versions. There is just something about the IK versions that put them over the top.

Forgot to add that I have the Klanghelm MJUC too and it's just as good as the IK version. And for the money the MJUC is hard to beat.

Edited by Grem
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fleer said:

I’m afraid Waves transfers have become so expensive due to the fee they’re charging that it will be difficult to find them, Carlos, unless you’d be taking over entire accounts. They changed their policy last year. 

Yeah, thanks, it's what I am noticing. Just a guy at KVR answered me he won't sell individual plugins, just the whole account. Lol.
The thing is he's had his ad up for almost a month, and when that happens, it will likely never sell.

Better to get back 5 bucks vs nothing :P

Edited by Carlos
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carlos said:

Yeah, thanks, it's what I am noticing. Just a guy at KVR answered me he won't sell individual plugins, just the whole account. Lol.
The thing is he's had his ad up for almost a month, and when that happens, it will likely never sell.

Better to get back 5 bucks vs nothing :P

You might want to be aware that Waves no longer "permits" account transfer.
They can't stop it, but they used to be OK with it, but no longer are, probably
because it "cuts into their revenue", just as regular transfers were also free up
until last year I believe.  They are taking a LOT of the value of Waves plugins away.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Fleer said:

True, but there I’m thinking the new Abbey Road Saturator was originally invented for a similar goal: boosting presence and treble. 

Yes, the Abbey Road Saturator is a great plugin to provide presence and sheen to the higher frequency

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, cclarry said:
57 minutes ago, Mesh said:
1 hour ago, jesse g said:

Yes, the Abbey Road Saturator is a great plugin to provide presence and sheen to...

my hair? 9_9

Or, if you're German "Mein Herr"

And... you don't need full Kontakt to keep the Herr shiny!

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1