Move to Folder, From Folder

razor7music

Hello--

This seems like a small thing, but I would like to see the option to move a track to a folder even when it's already in a different folder.

Right now to move a track from one folder to another, you have to remove the track from the first folder, locate the track, then move it to a new folder.

Thanks,

Stephen

• Like 5

Just now, razor7music said:

Hello--

This seems like a small thing, but I would like to see the option to move a track to a folder even when it's already in a different folder.

Right now to move a track from one folder to another, you have to remove the track from the first folder, locate the track, then move it to a new folder.

Thanks,

Stephen

+1 to this.

Thanks. That isn't so easy when you have very large numbers of tracks, especially when the source and target folders are "out of sight" from each other (separated by so many tracks they aren't viewable on the same screen without drag-scrolling).

I got a +1 and a -1. Any tie breakers?

On 12/21/2018 at 11:24 PM, razor7music said:

Hello--

Thanks,

Stephen

Pretty sure that's possible already, not in my studio to check though.  But you can move any track(s) to any folder via the Track Menu , I don't drag and drop any more when sorting into folders as it can be flaky as per @Eamonn Dargan mentions.

But the menu has an option to move to a given folder so I presume it works regardless of whether those tracks are already in another folder. 

Edited by CosmicDolphin
  • Meh 1

On 1/4/2019 at 2:38 AM, Variousartist said:

+1

it’s a small thing but I encounter it enough times in my workflow that I would find this very useful 

Yes seems logical you should still be able to jump from folder to folder in this way.  The dragging around of them between Folders in the track view is hit & miss I find...folders jump around and strange things happen sometimes.

• Like 3

On 12/22/2018 at 6:18 AM, Noel Borthwick said:

You can drag a track and drop it into another folder today. There is no need to remove and add it manually...

So, Noel--

We've gotten quite a few agreeing that the drag and drop isn't as fluid as being able to move from one folder to another--the same as you can move to a folder now (if the track isn't already in a folder).

Is this something you would reconsider adding as an enhancement?

Thanks!

Stephen

Adding this, I suggest a StudioOne's function, 'Pack Folder'. 

1. Select tracks.

2. Click 'Pack Folder'

3. One folder be generated and all tracks are bounded, automatically. It is very convenient.

But I hope one more step, "It asks for me to enter the name of the folder before it is generated."

For many musical  arrangers of orchestra(they must  manage massive tracks) , this function is very helpful. 

Edited by midist

On 1/12/2019 at 10:15 AM, midist said:

Adding this, I suggest a StudioOne's function, 'Pack Folder'. 

1. Select tracks.

2. Click 'Pack Folder'

3. One folder be generated and all tracks are bounded, automatically. It is very convenient.

But I hope one more step, "It asks for me to enter the name of the folder before it is generated."

For many musical  arrangers of orchestra(they must  manage massive tracks) , this function is very helpful. 

That's sounds like a very useful workflow

• 2 weeks later...