Jump to content
Billy86

Full Kontakt 6 for as little as $124.50

Recommended Posts

Received an email about this killer deal: Native Instruments is having a half-price sale (until December 9) where you can get Kontakt for as little as $124.50. I did this the last time this offer came out.

Here's how it works: If you have any third party Kontakt Player library (I have a few of these), then you qualify for a "Crossgrade Discount."  Normally that takes the price from $399 to $249. But since they're having a half price sale, the price goes to $124.50.

Go here: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/samplers/kontakt-6/pricing/?mc_cid=d4e559f10b&mc_eid=4f1d162509

Then for "Version," select "Crossgrade.  You'll need to log in so that they can see that you do own a qualifying library.

Happy Hoildays!

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I saw that too and was wondering if any vouchers are working on it as I might have not enough $$$ by the 9th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, chris.r said:

I saw that too and was wondering if any vouchers are working on it as I might have not enough $$$ by the 9th.

Nope, NI vouchers are useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Billy86 said:

Then for "Version," select "Crossgrade.  You'll need to log in so that they can see that you do own a qualifying library.

Happy Hoildays!

 

It used to be that the free Sennheiser DrumMic'A library and Embertone Arcana qualified, but I am not sure if they still do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Free Embertone Arcana worked for me at  $124 crossgrade pricing. Needs to be downloaded, installed and running in Native Access & (Free) Kontakt Player 6. Log into above link, select crossgrade from drop down box and you should not see "None of the qualifying products are registered to your account" but rather some text like "your Arcana registration qualifies you for crossgrade".

Tried Senn DrumMic'A first, but that did not work.

Edited by synthmeister

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

Nope, NI vouchers are useless.

What about these vouchers they are giving each year for xmas, same useless?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, chris.r said:

What about these vouchers they are giving each year for xmas, same useless?

NI Vouchers are, for all intents and purposes, useless.  They are only valid on FULL priced
products.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/4/2019 at 8:45 AM, chris.r said:

I saw that too and was wondering if any vouchers are working on it as I might have not enough $$$ by the 9th.

I don't think a voucher will work in addition to the sale price. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL) said:

There’s a whole forum section devoted to posting deals. Just thought you might like to know. 

Thank you, yes. I'm vaguely aware of that forum, but I can never find it. It's not apparent from the header navigation how to get there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, paulo said:

Does it require Kontact Full?

No. If you have a qualifying Kontakt library, even from 3rd-party vendors (such as Realitone, which plays in the Kontakt Player, for example), you can get the discounted price to BUY full Kontakt 6. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DrumMic'A library and Embertone Arcana were already mentioned, but there's a few more options:

  • Soniccouture has a bunch of free libraries that come with Kontakt Player S/N.
  • Also, In Session Audio offered Fruit Shake until 27 nov. that ALSO came with  Kontakt Player S/N.
  • Finally Remix Hits has Release, a stem-based Kontakt lib (that's kinda useless)  & it comes with a Kontakt Player S/N.

Frankly I recommend grabbing the Soniccouture  ones regardless.

Edited by eye776

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/5/2019 at 5:34 PM, cclarry said:

NI Vouchers are, for all intents and purposes, useless.  They are only valid on FULL priced
products.

And not even hardware !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, eye776 said:

DrumMic'A library and Embertone Arcana were already mentioned, but there's a few more options:

  • Soniccouture has a bunch of free libraries that come with Kontakt Player S/N.
  • Also, In Session Audio offered Fruit Shake until 27 nov. that ALSO came with  Kontakt Player S/N.
  • Finally Remix Hits has Release, a stem-based Kontakt lib (that's kinda useless)  & it comes with a Kontakt Player S/N.

Frankly I recommend grabbing the Soniccouture  ones regardless.

Wow, I didn't know about any of these except my beloved and much-used DrumMic'A and Fruit Shake. Going to check them out and add them to the Freeware Instruments thread.

Freeware Kontakt Player content (kontent?) is rare. Soniccouture has a Rocksichord!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a beginner and  so far I mostly use free plugins.  now, I want to start building my toolbox.

My budget is limited so I want to make the right choices, to get the basics needed.

Because there are not many (high quality) virtual instruments that are free, I thought I'd get some pianos, strings, wind instruments, guitars (acoustic and electronic), and different instruments to experiment with different genres. Maybe ,in the future, to build my own musical instruments.

Is kontakt the best option for this? Is the factory library enough for a start? According to what is written here, I should first buy a third party library (for the discount). What is recommended?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Komplete Start is a good (free) option to begin with.

It's quite expensive, but I would recommend saving up for Komplete. The standard edition has quite a few different instruments as well as the full version of Kontakt; Kontakt libraries can be quite expensive though so from a starting point it may not make that much difference. Native Instruments generally have two sales a year: their Summer of Sound, and their Black Friday sales; they usually discount their upgrades, not sure if they discount prices for the full versions.

Alternatively, if you're after synths have a look at Rob Papen Explorer. Again it's a little pricey, but you get lots in the bundle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, asigol said:

I'm a beginner and  so far I mostly use free plugins.  now, I want to start building my toolbox.

My budget is limited so I want to make the right choices, to get the basics needed.

Because there are not many (high quality) virtual instruments that are free, I thought I'd get some pianos, strings, wind instruments, guitars (acoustic and electronic), and different instruments to experiment with different genres. Maybe ,in the future, to build my own musical instruments.

Is kontakt the best option for this? Is the factory library enough for a start? According to what is written here, I should first buy a third party library (for the discount). What is recommended?

  Definitely.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...