Straight Ahead Jazz Horns

Michael Warren

First let me say support has been great in trying to resolve my problem. I purchased program at a great price about a week ago. Primarily for its auto harmonize feature. The instruments are fine,  but when using multi, the skin that contains description of sliders and other info does not appear. That includes the notation sceen of the voicings of the multi instruments. That was the main reason for purchasing. I have v2 released in 2017. What is really strange to me, when searching problems with this product on google, the only results are their videos or reviews. Not one result by an individual making a positve or negative comment.  Thats almost impossible to believe unless they only sold one copy to me. Has anyone purchased this? If so, what’s been your experience with it. I’m using it with kontakt 6 full version.

Thanks

I don't have it, but as a rule Kontakt instruments (especially Multis) with graphics that don't load means it's not been installed correctly.  Its' very likely the installer they provided isn't putting all the files in the right places for your Kontakt 6.  I'd think their support would be able to help you with this though.  When I have a Kontakt instrument that isn't' working right like this, I run Sysinternals Procmon and then load the instrument.  It logs every file access.  It's usually not hard to see what it's trying to load (and failing on) and then I move the files to where it's trying to load them from.  But that's a very technical kind of thing, not sure I'd recommend it for the average user.

Here's Procmon

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

When you open it up, put a filter on Kontakt (and use the stand alone version of Kontakt).  Look for it trying to load the files.

Forgot about Procmon. I used it a lot when working as a tech years ago. Filtered on Kontakt.exe and access to folder that I name Straight Ahead. No errors appeared. I'm still at a loss because the file containing pictures is parsed correctly for all of the single instruments, it also contains the multi pictures, but does not parse them out for the patch. Thanks for trying, it's appreciated. Still at square one. I'm waiting on support today. They usually respond in one day and are interested in helping me resolve problem. 

I suspect the Multi is trying to load pictures/images from the Kontakt 6 directory %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt\pictures but for Kontakt 5 that directory was %USERPROFILE%\Documents\Native Instruments\Kontakt 5\pictures if their installer didn't put the images in the right directories, the loading will fail.

There are a few other directories in that area that also contain files that instruments might need to install.  You might want to not filter so narrowly on Procmon, just filter on Kontakt not a specific folder.

Edited by Matthew Sorrels

Matthew, thanks again for your effort to help me. I installed those pictures and txt files to that folder. ( several times ).  In the same path to kontakt 5 is a folder called kontakt. From what I understand, that is the kontakt 6 folder. I even created a pictures folder in that directory and duplicated the files from kontakt 5/pictures. A holy Mary attempt. Didn’t help. Since this post, I deleted all files from the app and reinstalled with no improvement. The files to download for the app consist of 11 .rar files. You only extract the first, and it links and extracts to all the others. Since this post, my 1 tb ssd arrived. I’m going to move my c: with data and files cloning to the new ssd. That should be a piece of cake.( in a perfect world). I will wait until I hear from support, but no later than one more day Again, I appreciate all your suggestions. Users like you are what makes this forum a great help to other users.

Mike Warren

For Kontakt 6 they dropped the number from the directory.  Most likely to solve install problems in the future.  So yes, Kontakt 6 is just plain Kontakt.

You might want to try re-adding the library to Native Access.  First uninstall it (yes this is ugly)

https://spitfireaudio.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360009167093-How-to-remove-a-library-from-Native-Access-Windows-

Then start Native Access and reinstall the library, pointing Native Access to the directory you got when you decompressed the rar.  You might also want to use WinRAR to decompress the rar rather than 7zip (or use 7zip if you used WinRAR before).  I've seen a few library developers make archives on Macs that don't decompress correctly on Windows.  Not sure that would cause this kind of problem, but you never know. 

Impact Sound Works have generally been pretty good about fixing things, they fixed a bunch of problems I found in Super Audio Cart way back, but it did take them a while.  I suppose it's also possible it doesn't work in Kontakt 6 at all?  Not sure there is any easy way for you to try it in Kontakt 5 (unless you have it/still have it installed also).  Sorry this random advice hasn't been all that helpful.  Someone else must have this library though, they might be able to help you more specifically.  Good luck.

Problem Solved.

In my first request for help, I mentioned that the company support was really good. Yesterday, I received a new .RAR file that I installed and the program is working great. I installed it 2 ways. First under my log in profile. (I'm in the admin group). I used pictures folder created in KONTAKT and  the Pictures folder in KONTAKT 5 that already existed. I also logged in as Admin, went to the Documents folder, Native Instruments/Kontakt and created a picture folder there. I extracted to that folder also. Program now works as it should and is a great quick arranging tool for jazz band horns. Support has been great throughout.

Matthew mentioned a utility called procmon. Another great utility since so many devices are using USB is USBDeview.exe

This displays all of your USB devices and how much power they are drawing. Essential  seeing if you are overextending your machines USB power max before it begins to prioritize or act strangely. Always suggest you use a USB device with individual power supply for each port and not just rely on your computer.

You might search for usbdeview-x64

Closing out this request for help. Put in a 1Tb SSD yesterday and my additional 16gb of memory came today which bumps me up to 32gb. Life is good.

• Like 1