How to reset recent projects list

RBH

I'm not clear if this is  related - but after  installing the early access release - then installing the public release of 2019 .11.54  -  it appears that my projects recent files list does not tag the last working project on top of the recent files list. Is there a registry edit that will reset this list?  This may not have anything to do with the EA release or the latest install - but it seems to not update any longer.  Any clues ?

The only time I have seen the MRU list not get updated correctly is when the DAW does not shutdown normally. I have not experienced any problem with the recent releases. That said, the MRU list for CbB is stored in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\Cakewalk\Core\Recent File List

Another feature in CbB is the ability to pin projects in the Start Screen.

I rely on my Launchpad tool for project lists. It has the ability to delete entries from the CbB MRU list in the registry. It also has its own system of creating favorites and collections of project lists called snapshots. It can also write these lists to the CbB MRU list. If I need to do some fancy editing, the lists created in Launchpad are text files in My Documents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Scook. I have double checked that the project has closed and program ended properly. On one investigation - I had closed the project and checked that it was listed in the recent files before exiting, which it was.  Relaunching CbB after proper shut down - and it was not listed in the start menu. I recall the pin feature but haven't used it in a long time,  I appreciate the reminder - if I can get it to list, then I will try to pin it.

Thanks for the info on the registry path. I'll assume to delete the files list and hope it re-populates.

Any unusual characters in the project path or name?

After restarting CbB is the project listed in the File menu? If so, there may be something wrong with %appdata%\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Core\StartPageCache

Rename the folder, start CbB and the Start Screen will rebuild the folder.