ACT Plugin Assignments stuck once set

Mánibranðr Studios

Question

2 answers to this question

HI:)

ACT doesn't work correctly in Cakewalk. I do it manually and copy the "genericparams.xml" always before the start of Cakewalk to the desired directory.

My Batch:

Del "C:\Users\Heinz\AppData\Roaming\Cakewalk\ACT Data\genericpluginparams.xml"

XCopy "G:\Cakewalk Content\genericpluginparams.xml" "C:\Users\Heinz\AppData\roaming\Cakewalk\ACT Data\"

You should also set the "sonaract.xml" file to zero, I have it attached to the post.

First of all make a genericpluginparams.xml file with just the header and the footage:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<plugin_params>
    <fileinfo schema="0">Generic Plugin Params</fileinfo>
    <plugins>

</plugins>
</plugin_params>

If you want to set ACT for a plugin, start Cakewalk, open the Plugin and press ACT Learn, change a few knobs and stop ACT Learn. In the next window press OK and save your project and exit Cakewalk. In the params file you should now have the parameters for your ACT Data for that plugin (maybe for some others too)

Perhaps it looks like this:

<C_141AC902-704C-3130-506C-757331306462 name="Plus 10 db">
            <param paramindex="0" controltype="switch" paramname="eq enable"></param>
            <param paramindex="15" controltype="switch" paramname="comp enable"></param>
            <param paramindex="28" controltype="switch" paramname="master power"></param>
            <param paramindex="1" controltype="slider" paramname="eq input volume"></param>
            <param paramindex="29" controltype="slider" paramname="dry passthrough"></param>
            <param paramindex="14" controltype="slider" paramname="eq sidechain mode"></param>
            <param paramindex="30" controltype="slider" paramname="meter mode"></param>
            <param paramindex="2" controltype="knob" paramname="band 1 gain"></param>
            <param paramindex="5" controltype="knob" paramname="band 2 gain"></param>
            <param paramindex="8" controltype="knob" paramname="band 3 gain"></param>
            <param paramindex="11" controltype="knob" paramname="band 4 gain"></param>
            <param paramindex="16" controltype="knob" paramname="comp input gain"></param>
            <param paramindex="23" controltype="knob" paramname="exp release"></param>
            <param paramindex="24" controltype="knob" paramname="exp thresh"></param>
            <param paramindex="25" controltype="knob" paramname="exp range"></param>
            <param paramindex="3" controltype="knob" paramname="band 1 mode"></param>
            <param paramindex="6" controltype="knob" paramname="band 2 mode"></param>
            <param paramindex="9" controltype="knob" paramname="band 3 mode"></param>
            <param paramindex="12" controltype="knob" paramname="band 4 mode"></param>
            <param paramindex="18" controltype="knob" paramname="comp attack"></param>
            <param paramindex="22" controltype="knob" paramname="peak limiter enable"></param>
            <param paramindex="27" controltype="knob" paramname="exp mode"></param>
            <param paramindex="26" controltype="knob" paramname="exp attack"></param>
            <param paramindex="4" controltype="knob" paramname="band 1 frequency"></param>
            <param paramindex="7" controltype="knob" paramname="band 2 frequency"></param>
            <param paramindex="10" controltype="knob" paramname="band 3 frequency"></param>
            <param paramindex="13" controltype="knob" paramname="band 4 frequency"></param>
            <param paramindex="17" controltype="knob" paramname="comp output gain"></param>
            <param paramindex="19" controltype="knob" paramname="comp release"></param>
            <param paramindex="20" controltype="knob" paramname="comp threshold"></param>
            <param paramindex="21" controltype="knob" paramname="comp ratio"></param>
        </C_141AC902-704C-3130-506C-757331306462>

Now copy this to your empty new pluginparams file between the words plugin. Now just change the order for switches, sliders and knobs as you want it to have.

Save it and before starting Cakewalk copy this file to 

C:\Users\{Your name}\AppData\roaming\Cakewalk\ACT Data\

Delete the other before. Now after start your ACT Controller should have the order you wrote into the file!

I do this for every new Plugin I need often, I attached mine, but you can not use it for your purposes, cause the 

numbers don't match with yours:

<C_141AC902-704C-3130-506C-757331306462 name="Plus 10 db">

the other way is to go to AZSlows page and download the ACT Fix Utility:

http://www.azslow.com/index.php?topic=13.0

Hope that helps.....

Bassman.

sonaract.xml genericpluginparams.xml