Can't save automation

Hello

I'm french so please forgive my english

Why can't I save the automation of my soft synth ( Massive or others) when I close Cakewalk ?

When I open Cakewalk next time and load my project, I can see the automation curve on the synth's track but this curve is writen "orphan" and doesn't pilot anymore the synth. Then it's impossible to record a new automation, I have to take off and put again the synthetiseur to be able to do a new automation.

Thank you for your answers and helping

Fred

When I open Cakewalk next time and load my project, I can see the automation curve on the synth's track but this curve is writen "orphan" and doesn't pilot anymore the synth......

You should be able to assign your orphaned automation to the desired CC or plugin parameter.  I would use the automation lanes for this purpose. I am not at my DAW right now so I don't remember the details. I don't know why it is losing the connection but you should be able to re-assign the envelope without having to re-do it.

Look in the reference guide and check this thread on how to reassign an envelope.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Solved-Removing-or-reassigning-an-orphaned-automation-envelope-m3586154.aspx