MIssed notes on Fretboard view (in Staff view).

huviolan

Hi !  

I what to report what I understand it´s a bug (and is there since long time ago) in the fretboard view (working in the staff window) during midi playback.

The fact is that when the staff scrolls to the next group of bars, the very first note in the staff that it's sounding (the one in the left of the staff in that moment) is NOT drawn in the fretboard. Maybe it seems not to be a big deal, but for me, That I'm using this fretboard view to teach bass and guitar lines to my students, means that for a moment (at each screen scrolling)  they get lost in the follow up pf the line. 

I suppose that nobody reported it before because I can inagine this is not one of the most used nor more important views in Cakewalk, but from the moment it is there and is announced like a feature of the program (really usefull for me) I really will appreciate if you bakers can dedicate a moment to try to solve this minor graphical bug.

If something is not clear enough in my writing, please let me know and I will try to make myself clear.

Thank in advance for your help...

On 12/3/2019 at 9:58 AM, huviolan said:

Hi !  

I what to report what I understand it´s a bug (and is there since long time ago) in the fretboard view (working in the staff window) during midi playback.

The fact is that when the staff scrolls to the next group of bars, the very first note in the staff that it's sounding (the one in the left of the staff in that moment) is NOT drawn in the fretboard. Maybe it seems not to be a big deal, but for me, That I'm using this fretboard view to teach bass and guitar lines to my students, means that for a moment (at each screen scrolling)  they get lost in the follow up pf the line. 

I suppose that nobody reported it before because I can inagine this is not one of the most used nor more important views in Cakewalk, but from the moment it is there and is announced like a feature of the program (really usefull for me) I really will appreciate if you bakers can dedicate a moment to try to solve this minor graphical bug.

If something is not clear enough in my writing, please let me know and I will try to make myself clear.

Thank in advance for your help...

HI Cakewalk people:
I know  (As I said in the quoted post ) that the problem (bug?) reported  is not an important point for you bakers (or for the regular Cakewalk user ) focus on, but I was expecting at least some answer from the staff.
Really just a thought, and far from pretending be rude. I really appreciate all the effort made from the staff on making Cakewalk better each day, but at the same time, think that every feature presented and incorporated in the product must work as it is supposed to.

So...is somebody can have a look at the little "problem" I will really appreciate, because it is important and useful on my dayly activity

Thanks a lot ...in advance

Regards .

Edited by huviolan

Hi, huviolan! I tried to reproduce this issue but I don't think I got the problem - because the tendency of playback is to move notes to the left, they will be out of sight! :  )

Also I'd like to ask if you are talking about tablature, where the numbers are fixed on the lines, or fretboard, where numbers appear for a short time?

Best regards,

1 hour ago, huviolan said:

HI Cakewalk people:
I know  (As I said in the quoted post ) that the problem (bug?) reported  is not an important point for you bakers (or for the regular Cakewalk user ) focus on, but I was expecting at least some answer from the staff.
Really just a thought, and far from pretending be rude. I really appreciate all the effort made from the staff on making Cakewalk better each day, but at the same time, think that every feature presented and incorporated in the product must work as it is supposed to.

So...is somebody can have a look at the little "problem" I will really appreciate, because it is important and useful on my dayly activity

Thanks a lot ...in advance

Hi.  I am just a user of SONAR/Cakewalk; I am not staff and have no official connections.  I would not even call myself a "power user," though I have been exploring it since this past summer.  When I first saw your post, I explored the fret board because I had never seen it even though I have used the software for decades. I like learning new things others mention about my DAW of choice in case I can use new-to-me features.

I set up a simple loop and I did see some problems with notes.  Unfortunately, since I have no need to use the fret board display, I did not explore it as much as I have done with other features. 

It seemed to me (just a guess) that there is some sort of intelligence with the fret board display.  For example, an isolated note will show up in one position, but based on later notes, the position will change.  Maybe there is some sort of look-ahead process in the note placement algorithm (again, just a guess).  I seem to remember that depending on the size of my multidock window, sometimes when the loop restarted, the first note was there and sometimes it wasn't.  Again, I am not 100% certain of this as I didn't explore it extensively.

I am just guessing here, but maybe the re-draw fret board itself interferes with the drawing of the first note.  From what I have seen based on a very obscure bug I found and reported  (which was subsequently fixed), I believe the team definitely wants to fix bugs.  From what I have seen in this forum, it helps if they can reproduce the bugs.

Maybe there is a configuration setting (just a guess) that can be changed that would help.

@mgustavo Glad to see someone else looked into this. The things I saw were in the fret board display (as opposed to the Tab display).  Let me see if I save the project I used to test.  If so, I can post a screen shot.

UPDATE: It does not look like I saved my fret board test.

Edited by User 905133
to add an update about my previous fret board test
  • Like 1