8Dio Free Angels is... free

Yan Filiatrault

Just now, simon said:

you can do a manual download of this - read the emails etc 

I clicked on the manual download option and it went nowhere, tried to return to previous page and it just said cart is empty.

I can't be bothered to read the email. Can you read it for me and tell me what it says? ;)

• Haha 1

@paulo

I can't be bothered to read it for you :)

but as it's you I can cut and paste it for you

-------------------------
Troubleshooting:

If you encounter any issues with the downloader - you can also use our manual download system:

1. Please go to www.8dio.net/manuallink

2. Insert the email address used for your purchase

3. Copy/Paste the ENTIRE serial code example: 8DioRequiemProfessional11-xxxxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

-------------------------------------------

^^^^^^ obviously that serial isn't mine and is the demo one  

• Thanks 1

Considering it's normally $48 (got it on sale a while ago for $28), this is a VERY good Kontakt library.
Honestly I'm not even mad at this. 😁

@paulo  If you click the conductor icon (for your account), it shows a list of owned libraries and you have a Direct Download link right next to each library.

This has 3 downloads.

8DIO_Free_Angels.part2.rar contains 260 files (475,817,741 unpacked size).

Oddly, I see all 260 of those files are included at the bottom of the 8DIO_Free_Angels.part1.rar 260 files (475,817,741 unpacked size).

Same unpacked sizes and I eyeballed a few dozen long file names for sanity. Packing sizes differ (so maybe from different compression scheme). 

What's up with that??

EDIT - the product web page mentions over 1.4GB and 684 samples. In the 8DIO_Free_Angels installed I find about that, so I think 8DIO just duplicated some of the samples in part2, making it superflus, but confusing.

Edited by synthmeister

• 1 year later...

Hey - I am a bit confused by the extraction process for this Free_Angels set of instruments and samples, and could use some guidance:

There are 3 parts in what I downloaded, in .RAR compressed folders, 8DIO_Free_Angels.part1, 8DIO_Free_Angels.part2, and 8DIO_Free_Angels_539705. 

I extracted all 3 parts, which yielded the following folder and sub-folder nestings:

From 8DIO_Free_Angels.part1, the extracted contents are all in a single folder, called 8DIO_Free_Angels

Within the folder 8DIO_Free_Angels , there is a sub-folder, which is ALSO called 8DIO_Free_Angels

Within the nested 8DIO_Free_Angels folder, there is a sub-folder, called Samples

Within the above sub-folder, Samples, there are 2 sub-folders, Resources, and another sub-folder called Samples

Within the Resources sub-folder, there are 2 sub-folders, Impulses, and another sub-folder, ALSO called Resources 

Within the Impulses sub-folder, there are 3 sub-folders: Default, Design, and Space - they have misc impulse files and no more sub-folders

Within the additional Resources sub-folder, there are a couple of files, but also yet ANOTHER Resources sub-folder

Within this 3rd-sub-level Resources sub-folder, there is a single sub-folder, called Pictures, which has only files, no other sub-folders

From 8DIO_Free_Angels.part2, the extracted contents are all in a single sub-folder, called 8DIO_Free_Angels 2

Within the folder 8DIO_Free_Angels 2, there is a sub-folder, called 8DIO_Free_Angels

Within 8DIO_Free_Angels, there is a single sub-folder, called Samples

Within the Samples sub-folder, there is another sub-folder, ALSO called Samples

Within this 2nd-level Samples sub-folder, there are a bunch of *.NCW files, and no more sub-folders

From 8DIO_Free_Angels_539705, the extracted contants are all in a single sub-folder, called 8DIO_Free_Angels

Within the above folder, 8DIO_Free_Angels, there are 2 sub-folders, Documents, and Instrument

Within the above sub-folder Documents, there is a single PDF file, and no additional sub-folders

Within the above Instrument sub-folder, there is a single Kontakt instrument, called 8DIO_Free_Angels.nki, and no additional files or sub-folders

SOOOOO - the above is one giant mess, methinks. 

Just to see where the instrument itself was going to look for whatever it needed, I copied just the 8DIO_Free_Angels.nki Kontakt instrument, to a new 8DIO_Free_Angels folder in the folder I have Kontakt point at, for User Libs (freeware and purchased libraries for Kontakt, but I did not include anything else - just the instrument itself.

I then launched Cakewalk, loaded up an instance of Kontakt, and loaded the 8DIO_Free_Angels.nki instrument, knowing it would display errors for missing samples.  Here is the screenshot of what I got:

image.png.25fbb1ec29c79aabfbf27a94b49be710.png

So  - I guess the above is where I need to move everything - I will give that a shot in the morning.

If anybody else has a better solution to these issues, please do post, because so far, this has been rather annoying.

Thanks, 

Bob Bone

4 hours ago, Robert Bone said:

Hey - I am a bit confused by the extraction process for this Free_Angels set of instruments and samples, and could use some guidance:

There are 3 parts in what I downloaded, in .RAR compressed folders, 8DIO_Free_Angels.part1, 8DIO_Free_Angels.part2, and 8DIO_Free_Angels_539705. 

I extracted all 3 parts, which yielded the following folder and sub-folder nestings:

From 8DIO_Free_Angels.part1, the extracted contents are all in a single folder, called 8DIO_Free_Angels

Within the folder 8DIO_Free_Angels , there is a sub-folder, which is ALSO called 8DIO_Free_Angels

Within the nested 8DIO_Free_Angels folder, there is a sub-folder, called Samples

Within the above sub-folder, Samples, there are 2 sub-folders, Resources, and another sub-folder called Samples

Within the Resources sub-folder, there are 2 sub-folders, Impulses, and another sub-folder, ALSO called Resources 

Within the Impulses sub-folder, there are 3 sub-folders: Default, Design, and Space - they have misc impulse files and no more sub-folders

Within the additional Resources sub-folder, there are a couple of files, but also yet ANOTHER Resources sub-folder

Within this 3rd-sub-level Resources sub-folder, there is a single sub-folder, called Pictures, which has only files, no other sub-folders

From 8DIO_Free_Angels.part2, the extracted contents are all in a single sub-folder, called 8DIO_Free_Angels 2

Within the folder 8DIO_Free_Angels 2, there is a sub-folder, called 8DIO_Free_Angels

Within 8DIO_Free_Angels, there is a single sub-folder, called Samples

Within the Samples sub-folder, there is another sub-folder, ALSO called Samples

Within this 2nd-level Samples sub-folder, there are a bunch of *.NCW files, and no more sub-folders

From 8DIO_Free_Angels_539705, the extracted contants are all in a single sub-folder, called 8DIO_Free_Angels

Within the above folder, 8DIO_Free_Angels, there are 2 sub-folders, Documents, and Instrument

Within the above sub-folder Documents, there is a single PDF file, and no additional sub-folders

Within the above Instrument sub-folder, there is a single Kontakt instrument, called 8DIO_Free_Angels.nki, and no additional files or sub-folders

SOOOOO - the above is one giant mess, methinks. 

Just to see where the instrument itself was going to look for whatever it needed, I copied just the 8DIO_Free_Angels.nki Kontakt instrument, to a new 8DIO_Free_Angels folder in the folder I have Kontakt point at, for User Libs (freeware and purchased libraries for Kontakt, but I did not include anything else - just the instrument itself.

I then launched Cakewalk, loaded up an instance of Kontakt, and loaded the 8DIO_Free_Angels.nki instrument, knowing it would display errors for missing samples.  Here is the screenshot of what I got:

image.png.25fbb1ec29c79aabfbf27a94b49be710.png

So  - I guess the above is where I need to move everything - I will give that a shot in the morning.

If anybody else has a better solution to these issues, please do post, because so far, this has been rather annoying.

Thanks, 

Bob Bone

The easiest way is to use Kontakt's find missing samples option. While it will search the whole file system its quicker to point it at the folder where you know it will be. I usually go to the top folder for the instrument. ( iirc resolve manually)  once resolved re-save the NKI.

Edited by Vernon Barnes

5 hours ago, Vernon Barnes said:

The easiest way is to use Kontakt's find missing samples option. While it will search the whole file system its quicker to point it at the folder where you know it will be. I usually go to the top folder for the instrument. ( iirc resolve manually)  once resolved re-save the NKI.

Well, I went the 'do it with style' option, and moved things around to where the instruments were expecting to find them, and it all worked out, though once I fired up a bunch of the different instruments from the various 8DIO freeware libraries, the only complete library I kept was the 8DIO_Free_Angels librariy.  I kept one other instrument, the harmonic guitar sounds from the 8DIO_Appocalyptic_Guitar, or whatever it is called.

Getting all the pieces in the right places was needed, to properly load the various instruments, Mini, Free_Radicals, etc., but the above are all that I ended up keeping.

Thanks for the reply,

Bob Bone