Cakewalk not seeing Unreal Instruments Standard Guitar.

yeto

That’s because it's not a VST and as such directly visible to Cakewalk, but a sound library that runs inside Plogue sforzando. Assuming that you have previously installed sforzando and the sound bank is installed correctly, you should be able to see it in the sforzando Instrument bank menu.

Edited by Canopus
  • Like 1

Standard Guitar is sfz soundfont for loading with sforzando, not VST plugin. So it's not necessary of locating under VST scan path and you have to load within sforzando. BTW, have you installed sforzando?

Insert sforzando as soft synth in Cakewalk and then drop "Standard Guitar.bank.xml" file to sforzando. (needs this operation once only at the first time to regist Standard Guitar to sforzando)

Anyway, download [Standard Guitar_Manual]
and then read "Installation guide_EN.pdf" and "Standard_Guitar_Manual_EN.pdf".

Edited by HIBI
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HIBI said:

Standard Guitar is sfz soundfont for loading with sforzando, not VST plugin. So it's not necessary of locating under VST scan path and you have to load within sforzando. BTW, have you installed sforzando?

Insert sforzando as soft synth in Cakewalk and then drop "Standard Guitar.bank.xml" file to sforzando. (needs this operation once only at the first time to regist Standard Guitar to sforzando)

Thank you. That helps.

Thank you for taking time to help,
yeto

9 hours ago, HIBI said:

I have everything installed and I have read the Manual but I don't see how to add gain/distortion? Also, the up/down arrows next to Vibrato, Length, Release and Slides don't do anything. What am I missing?

yeto

2 hours ago, scook said:

Throw TH3 in the FX Rack for the track and check out some of the presets

Ahhhhh...that makes a difference. I thought Unreal Instruments Standard Guitar would have built in effects. I guess I don't understand what Unreal Instruments Standard Guitar real purpose is? It seems overly complicated for what it does.

yeto

2 hours ago, yeto said:

I thought Unreal Instruments Standard Guitar would have built in effects.

Unreal Instruments Standard Guitar is DI (Direct input) sounds. So it needs guitar effects, Amp sim, Cabinet sim, etc to get the distorted guitar sound. TH3 has all of them. You can also search and try other effects and simulators.

2 hours ago, yeto said:

It seems overly complicated for what it does.

I think you should select Standard Guitar KOSP patch in sforzando. That's patch is key switch version so it's not so difficult to use, I think.
First, you have to learn basic operation (key switches) with checking Standard_Guitar_Manual_EN.pdf.
You can also check the behavior with sample midi files (Standard_Guitar_Demo.mid etc). They are in [Standard Guitar_Manual] > [Sample_MIDI_Files]

BTW, you might have to learn how to make the distorted guitar sound, I think...

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 11:48 PM, HIBI said:

Unreal Instruments Standard Guitar is DI (Direct input) sounds. So it needs guitar effects, Amp sim, Cabinet sim, etc to get the distorted guitar sound. TH3 has all of them. You can also search and try other effects and simulators.

I think you should select Standard Guitar KOSP patch in sforzando. That's patch is key switch version so it's not so difficult to use, I think.
First, you have to learn basic operation (key switches) with checking Standard_Guitar_Manual_EN.pdf.
You can also check the behavior with sample midi files (Standard_Guitar_Demo.mid etc). They are in [Standard Guitar_Manual] > [Sample_MIDI_Files]

BTW, you might have to learn how to make the distorted guitar sound, I think...

"I think you should select Standard Guitar KOSP"

What is the difference between KOSP and VSOP?

I have been working really hard with Sforzando and I am getting closer to the sound I am looking for. I appreciate all your help. I will post what I end up with once I find the right sound in hopes it will help someone else. It took me a while to understand that Sforzando is like my Les Paul "unpluged". I am now in the process of finding an amp sim that will mimic my Carvin 6l6gc/12ax7 tube amp.

Again, thanks for all the help,

yeto

@yeto First, sorry I've made typo in previous comment (KOSP > KSOP)

KSOP is assigned key switches to change articulations. (Probably Key Switch Operation Patch?)
VSOP is assigned velocities to change articulations. (Probably Velocity Switch Operation Patch?)

These are described in "Standard_Guitar_Manual_EN.pdf".
So please read it carefully...  Good luck!

Edited by HIBI

1 hour ago, HIBI said:

@yeto First, sorry I've made typo in previous comment (KOSP > KSOP)

KSOP is assigned key switches to change articulations. (Probably Key Switch Operation Patch?)
VSOP is assigned velocities to change articulations. (Probably Velocity Switch Operation Patch?)

These are described in "Standard_Guitar_Manual_EN.pdf".
So please read it carefully...  Good luck!

Thank you. I now see that in the 1st paragraph (as he slaps his forehead).

Thanks again for all the help,
yeto