Christmas song by Fizzy Pickle - 2000 miles

daryl1968

On 12/4/2019 at 7:57 PM, amiller said:

First listen to a full Christmas song this year.  Excellent way to start the season.  Merry Christmas!😊👍🎸

Thanks so much - Merry Christmas

On 12/5/2019 at 7:21 PM, AndyB said:

Ooh definitely getting shades of that Chrissie Hind vocal - superb all round performance.

Andy

Cheers Andy - very nice of you

On 12/5/2019 at 10:01 PM, Douglas Kirby said:

That's a quality Christmas song - nice job guys.  I liked her vocal - she sang it well.

Thanks Doug - I'll tell the other half. Merry Christmas mate

Hi, Daryl,

Fantastic job by all four of you on this very cool Christmas cover!😀👍

Great playing by everyone, an excellent mix, and the "Current Mrs." did an absolutely fabulous job on the vocals!

It's also really fantastic to hear James' tasty guitar work again here on the forum!  I really miss my buddy, James, please tell him I said Merry Christmas when you speak to him!😀

Outstanding work, Liz, Daryl, Ed and James!

Have a Merry Christmas, Guys (and Gal)!😀
Bob

• Thanks 1

The original is always on my Christmas playlist and your cover is about as good as it gets. 

Chrissy's vocals are pretty unique but MrsDaryl did a fantastic job and the ending guitar solo was also a pleasant surprise.

Excellent! Happy Christmas.

• Thanks 1

On 12/5/2019 at 11:09 PM, Lynn said:

As always, you've made the holiday season a little brighter.  I've noticed the last several years that Christmas begins just after Labor Day in these parts, and picks up intensity along with Halloween in October, and is almost over by New Year's Day.  So...don't wait so long next year, please.

Ha. Thanks Lynn my mate. 

On 12/5/2019 at 11:23 PM, Old Joad said:

I love this song,  I was just listening to PRETENDERS THE SINGLES the other day.. Great job...

BTW Hungry Like The Wolf was cool as well...

Thanks so much Old Joad

Hi Daryl ,

Merry Christmas to you and your collab mates .

Your  Fizzy Pickle song collaboration was very  smooth and a rather delightful listen . This song performance  fits in real nice with all the Hallmark Movies I've been watching all week w Duke .

It was real nice to hear your wife sing . She sounded real good on this tune , she sure can hold her own and I would love to hear more of her in the future .

I was wondering how James was doing ,  after hearing this song  it sounds like he is doing good ...I have always like his playing ...Hello James !

Ed's Bass part is nice on this ...

I'm digging your production values ...

I always end up saying to myself "How does Daryl do it ? I can't find any faults ...there is not even a stray hair out of place "

Your songs , by the time you post them are always so top notch ...great job on this song .

all the best,

Kenny

Edited by kennywtelejazz
  • Thanks 1

On 12/18/2019 at 11:47 PM, congalocke said:

Nice solid performance all around. Good mix...always nice when a mrs has a good voice to contribute to a project. 😉

Absolutely re the Mrs! Thanks Congalocke - Merry Christmas

On 12/20/2019 at 7:56 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Daryl,

Fantastic job by all four of you on this very cool Christmas cover!😀👍

Great playing by everyone, an excellent mix, and the "Current Mrs." did an absolutely fabulous job on the vocals!

It's also really fantastic to hear James' tasty guitar work again here on the forum!  I really miss my buddy, James, please tell him I said Merry Christmas when you speak to him!😀

Outstanding work, Liz, Daryl, Ed and James!

Have a Merry Christmas, Guys (and Gal)!😀
Bob

Thanks so much Bob. 

I'll pass your regards onto James. 

Merry Christmas mate

2 hours ago, Bapu said:

The screed has.... well.... screeded

well, if I said the bass was right in the pocket

that would be like saying the sun rose this morning

so the fact that there was a woman singing, was like a star in the East, 

in these parts that doesn't happen everyday

doesn't take a wise man to see that

• Haha 1

On 12/20/2019 at 10:37 AM, ZincT said:

The original is always on my Christmas playlist and your cover is about as good as it gets. 

Chrissy's vocals are pretty unique but MrsDaryl did a fantastic job and the ending guitar solo was also a pleasant surprise.

Excellent! Happy Christmas.

Thanks a lot ZincT - I also love the solo. 

Merry Christmas

On 12/23/2019 at 2:34 AM, kennywtelejazz said:

Hi Daryl ,

Merry Christmas to you and your collab mates .

Your  Fizzy Pickle song collaboration was very  smooth and a rather delightful listen . This song performance  fits in real nice with all the Hallmark Movies I've been watching all week w Duke .

It was real nice to hear your wife sing . She sounded real good on this tune , she sure can hold her own and I would love to hear more of her in the future .

I was wondering how James was doing ,  after hearing this song  it sounds like he is doing good ...I have always like his playing ...Hello James !

Ed's Bass part is nice on this ...

I'm digging your production values ...

I always end up saying to myself "How does Daryl do it ? I can't find any faults ...there is not even a stray hair out of place "

Your songs , by the time you post them are always so top notch ...great job on this song .

all the best,

Kenny

You're the best Kenny. 

Thanks mate and Merry Christmas

10 hours ago, Jesse Screed said:

The vocalist makes it

If you can pull off Chrissie, do it more, all day

it must be Christmas Time!

The other half loved your comment Jesse - really appreciated. 

Merry Christmas mate

4 hours ago, Bapu said:

The screed has.... well.... screeded

Indeed