Question related to TTS-1 and TAL NoiseMaker synth

yeto

Sorry for all the amateur questions.

Would it be possible for me to combine on an instrument track (so I can use PRV) TTS-1 and TAL NoiseMaker? I am thinking I could start out with the guitar presets in TTS-1 and then modify those sounds with TAL Noisemaker to get any guitar sound I wanted. Would this have a chance of working? Also, if this could work would there be a better synth versus TAL NoiseMaker to accomplish this? I am trying to emulate my own equipment (Les Paul Custom guitar and a Carvin 6L6gc/12ax7 tube amp). 

http://www.vst4free.com/free_vst.php?plugin=TAL-NoiseMaker&id=1504

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

While some synth plug-ins pull double duty as effects plug-ins the TAL Noisemaker is not one of them.

One could use both TTS-1 and TAL Noisemaker, each on their own track, to generate sounds and blend the two but there is no other way for the TAL Noisemaker to modify audio coming out of TTS-1.

39 minutes ago, scook said:

While some synth plug-ins pull double duty as effects plug-ins the TAL Noisemaker is not one of them.

One could use both TTS-1 and TAL Noisemaker, each on their own track, to generate sounds and blend the two but there is no other way for the TAL Noisemaker to modify audio coming out of TTS-1.

What would I look for in a synth that could pull double duty? Would I just go to a page like this and find something I think would work for me?

https://www.kvraudio.com/plugins/windows/macosx/vst-plugins/vst3-plugins/audio-units/aax-plugins/rack-extensions/effects/free/most-popular

Thank you,
yeto

Edited by yeto

Synths that can process audio data will mention it somewhere in their write  up.

That said, if you are trying for a realistic guitar sound, it's not going to happen on the cheap with soft synths.

If you want to modify the character of TTS-1 put an ampsim in the FX Rack. CbB comes with TH3.

Since you have a guitar, the best way to get a guitar sound in the DAW is record the guitar. If you cannot record using the amp then record direct and run it through the ampsim.

7 minutes ago, scook said:

Synths that can process audio data will mention it somewhere in their write  up.

That said, if you are trying for a realistic guitar sound, it's not going to happen on the cheap with soft synths.

If you want to modify the character of TTS-1 put an ampsim in the FX Rack. CbB comes with TH3.

Since you have a guitar, the best way to get a guitar sound in the DAW is record the guitar. If you cannot record using the amp then record direct and run it through the ampsim.

Thank you for taking time to answer my question. I am going to check out ampsims. If nothing else I will learn in the process.

Thank you for having patience with my simple/amateur questions,
yeto

The TH3 is an easy recommendation because all the hardware that typically does into making an electric guitar sound is there except for the guitar itself. That said there are hundreds of individual effects - amps, stomp boxes, rack effects in plug-in form available for free. 

But, just like the real world, it all needs to start with a decent instrument. You may find a free soundfont or sfz file to use in sforzando or TX16Wx.

Try this -

Download and install sforzando (it is an sfz player - similar to the Studio Instruments in CbB but not limited to the instruments bundled with CbB).

Search Google for "guitar sfz"

Grab a few of the sfz files and try them out (still may need an ampsim or extra effects)

Probably the best solution for $0.

BTW, I see the makers of sforzando have a collection of instruments here

21 minutes ago, scook said:

Try this -

Download and install sforzando (it is an sfz player - similar to the Studio Instruments in CbB but not limited to the instruments bundled with CbB).

Grab a few of the sfz files and try them out (still may need an ampsim or extra effects)

Thank you. Thank you. Looks like I have a lot of learning and work to do. 

The journey continues,
yeto

2 hours ago, scook said:

Try this -

I watched a YouTube video that compared the two Sforzando guitar instruments to two Ample Sound instruments. The Sforzandos sounded just as good to me.  I am going to download and try those two instruments later today. Thank you for sharing the link.

yeto

3 hours ago, David Baay said:

For amp sims, you might want to check out Nembrini Audio's 70% off sale:  https://www.nembriniaudio.com/

I'll let someone else recommend a decent cheap/free guitar synth.

You beat me to this one. The dev is the DSP coding genius behind a lot of the Brainworx plugins. Now $29 from $79. Several are free, so you can try them first.

Nembrini Analog Rack bundle

His Plugin Rig Host lets you build FX chains and save them. Now $9 from $39.

Plugin Rig Host

Alternatively, any audio FX stomp-box-like plugin that does what you want should work.

• Thanks 1

I recommend Unreal Instruments to get the clean DI, and then running them through either TH3, or perusing one of the Audio Assault amp sims currently on sale. They work very well and are light on resources.

Here is a WIP of something I am working on using the Metal GTX for the melody guitar, Shreddage 3 Stratus 3 for the Rhythm section, Abyss for the Bass, and GGD Invasion for the Drums. I also used AGML II Lite for the Acoustic Guitars. As for FX, I used Amplitube 4, Grind Machine II, Head Crusher and RM-2.

https://metapop.com/valerie-grimaude-valens/tracks/compassion-is-the-way-2019-master/98332

Edited by Freyja Grimaude-Valens

11 hours ago, Freyja Grimaude-Valens said:

I recommend Unreal Instruments to get the clean DI, and then running them through either TH3, or perusing one of the Audio Assault amp sims currently on sale. They work very well and are light on resources.

Here is a WIP of something I am working on using the Metal GTX for the melody guitar, Shreddage 3 Stratus 3 for the Rhythm section, Abyss for the Bass, and GGD Invasion for the Drums. I also used AGML II Lite for the Acoustic Guitars. As for FX, I used Amplitube 4, Grind Machine II, Head Crusher and RM-2.

https://metapop.com/valerie-grimaude-valens/tracks/compassion-is-the-way-2019-master/98332

I tried all of the below and I just couldn't get the sound I was looking for.

Unreal Instruments Standard Guitar
Unreal Instruments Metal-GTX
Karoryger Shinyguitar
Flame Studios Gibson Les Paul Electric Guitar Both Pickups and Amp
Flame Studios Gibson Les Paul Electric Guitar Bridge Pickup Direct In
Flame Studios Gibson Les Paul Electric Guitar Neck Pickup Direct In
Flame Studios Fender Telecaster Electric Guitar Neck Pickup Direct In

yeto

The guitar sound depends on Guitar effects (Effect Pedal emulators), Amp simulator and Cabinet simulator etc. as guitar players actually do. and I think it requires certain level skills for setting those simulators to get the sound what you want.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, HIBI said:

The guitar sound depends on Guitar effects (Effect Pedal emulators), Amp simulator and Cabinet simulator etc. as guitar players actually do. and I think it requires certain level skills for setting those simulators to get the sound what you want.

I used amp and cabinet sims and I just couldn't get a sound I was happy with. I am sure it can be done but I am just not smart/experienced enough at this point to make it happen. I envy those of you who can.