Waves Introduce Abbey Road Saturation

cclarry

3 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Best strategy is to wait for it be on sale for $29.  It'll happen sooner or later.
In meantime most of us probably have enough saturators to fill a Christmas stocking.

Buy it now with the the other distortion makes them about
$20 each AND get ANOTHER plugin FREE

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

Best strategy is to wait for it be on sale for $29.  It'll happen sooner or later.
In meantime most of us probably have enough saturators to fill a Christmas stocking.

But if you have full AR except the newest one you can get upgrade for ~21$ with additional 1-year WUP for all AR plugins. It could be hard to beat it waiting for 29$ deal ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, cclarry said:

Buy it now with the the other distortion makes them about
$20 each AND get ANOTHER plugin FREE

yes - that's a very good deal indeed IMO

There are also other AR plugs that are available as the free plugin.  For me though I'm with  @Piotr it was slightly better to upgrade to the AR bundle.  Took a complicated excel spreadsheet to work that out though.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, musical said:

I don't think you'll get a better strategy than buying it from Koby for $43 like I just did, getting MDMX for free and another $29.99 plugin of my choice.

It just depends on what you already have and what are you after :)   Amount of plugins grabbed, least money used, what do you need. the most. 

For sure - I agree with you -  about the first criterion is the best grab the double saturators deal + free plugin of your choice (from 29$ deals)

But just FYI not familiar with Waves strategies - if you want to buy lacking AR plugin better is not to use single deals but just upgrade AR bundle. It also relates to many other almost complete bundle owned ;)

Edited by Piotr

14 minutes ago, Piotr said:

It just depends on what you already have and what are you after :)   Amount of plugins grabbed, least money used, what do you need. the most. 

For sure - I agree with you -  about the first criterion is the best grab the double saturators deal + free plugin of your choice (from 29$ deals)

But just FYI not familiar with Waves strategies - if you want to buy lacking AR plugin better is not to use single deals but just upgrade AR bundle. It also relates to many other almost complete bundle owned ;)

Agreed but I have nearly all the AR plugins I want and don't see the point of WUP until I need it, which I don't as I am on PC. AR upgrade would be about $100 for me for stuff I'm not interested in. I have Chambers, Plates and Mastering Chain.

My general strategy with Waves is that I try never to pay more than $15 per plugin and target is no more than $10, either through bundles, buy one get one free, manufacturer offers, etc. I also tend to leave plugins unregistered to use when Waves changes its promotions, which is one of the benefits of buying through a reseller.

Edit: I'll add that there are currently some very decent plugins available for the $29.99 freebie: AR Mastering Chain, AR Vinyl, AR Plates, AR Chambers, F6 EQ, Infected Mushroom Picker, Brauer Motion, Bass Fingers, Butch Vig Vocals, Scheps Parallel Particles, Codex, Flow Motion, etc. rather than the usual old dross.

Edited by musical
Addition.
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, simon said:

interesting idea - I assume they never time out ?

They never have for me. But I tend to use them the next time there is a buy one, get one free or whatever.

Buy a plugin when cheap, wait for prices to double and Waves to move to BOGOF, register plugin, get a freebie, etc.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1

1 minute ago, simon said:

just worth noting before anybody WUPs their current AR collection to get the new plug

https://www.waves.com/support/waves-update-plan

"* The Abbey Road Collection is excluded from new plugins being added for free with a current Waves Update Plan."

might be worth checking  before you do it

What that means is you won't get it for FREE...you have to do an Upgrade to
get the plugin.   That Upgrade ALSO renews your WUP for a FULL year, and
it's about $24 on Waves, and even less at EveryPlugin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Idea 1

4 hours ago, Piotr said:

But if you have full AR except the newest one you can get upgrade for ~21$ with additional 1-year WUP for all AR plugins. It could be hard to beat it waiting for 29$ deal ;)

In that case do you have the freebe also ?