Melodyne Alternative

Craig Pavone

3 hours ago, Craig Pavone said:

Any alternatives to Melodyne would be appreciated.  It's too glitchy for me.

3 hours ago, Keni said:

Only other current competition I can think of is Autotune.

Also worth checking out:

• iZotope Nectar (both full version and elements). It includes pitch correction alongside all the other vocal type effects.
  • Waves Tune Realtime
  • Waves Tune 
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Craig Pavone said:

Melodyne is 4.2.0.020, I noticed there's a new version now.

I have a lot of trouble trying to move the blobs around.  I'll move a blob and the pitch doesn't change, or it won't let me move the blob.

I've found this happens when I've chosen the "wrong" detection algorithm for the job. 

Try changing the detection algorithm, and see if this helps. 

Note however, although you can switch algorithm whilst the editor is active in the MultiDock, you'll lose your previous edits. So try the various detection algorithms first, then stick to that.

If you need to switch and keep your edits, bounce to clips, then create the region fx again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just as a note...

Until a week ago, I have quite happily used V-Vocal with great success.

As I only has Melodyne essentials (being too poor to upgrade),  essentials doesn't have enough tools for the results I seek.

A bit of fortune enabled me to upgrade Melodyne to Editor and I am slowly learning how to work with it. I've had some good results and lots of frustration as I find the learning curve far steeper than V-Vocal to accomplish similar results so we will see... I find audio quality mostly quite excellent with both programs.

Neither program causes any kind of glitches in CbB's performance (with rare exceptions).

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 3:30 PM, msmcleod said:

Also worth checking out:

• iZotope Nectar (both full version and elements). It includes pitch correction alongside all the other vocal type effects.
  • Waves Tune Realtime
  • Waves Tune 

I have Nectar (the full version) and I love it... it is excellent for giving a performance that little lift one sometimes needs.  but it is not good for any in depth editing you'll need melodyne for that

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2019 at 2:35 PM, Craig Pavone said:

I have a lot of trouble trying to move the blobs around.  I'll move a blob and the pitch doesn't change, or it won't let me move the blob.

I ran into that problem myself, and it turned out that I had the wrong option set somewhere. For some reason it was set to snap to a grid, so I'd try to move a blob and it would keep snapping back to its original location.

I figured "this just can't be happening, it can't be the way this works," so I dug into the help file and figured it out. I unchecked the option and voila, Melodyne started letting me move the blobs and they stayed where I moved them and the pitch changed.

Wish I could remember it offhand so I could share it with you, but it was months ago and I haven't used it since. Try looking for a way to turn off snapping to grid, or switching it to snap to scale or something.

You might ask about this in the Q&A or main forum before you give up on Melodyne. When I got it working properly, it worked a treat and was easy to use and very natural sounding.

Good luck!

• Like 1