Will Cakewalk's PRV work with this instrument?

yeto

The PVR works with anything that uses midi notes and controllers.  So yes you can use it. 

I'm a little peeved at Ample right now, I have downloaded and used the P bass lite and the Guitar VST freebies for years now. I was just loading up a new computer and after 6 attempts neither one of these will work. Get error messages about can't find samples even through I have not changed pathways same as I always do. And even after you point them at there own libraries same message,, so some sort of bug in latest version. Don't give them any money just now, 

Have you just googled free Guitar VST's? Try KVR web site or look in JRR shop for deals right now. Never pay full price for software,,, just keep looking for deals..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, yeto said:

Also, would anyone know of a comparable product that wouldn't be as expensive as I can't afford this one at this time?

You can start with free sfz soundfonts loading to sforzando to get guitar sounds.
UNREAL INSTRUMENTS STANDARD GUITAR and METAL-GTX will be works well with amp simulators. It might have a pretty steep learning curve but there is a worth to do, I think.

• Like 1

@yeto Two guitar sfz soundfonts for sforzando what I recommended above are made by Japanese man so README.txt (Acutually, the file name is "見てね\説明および注意事項.txt") is written in Japanese. But he provide English manual too.