Bias FX 2 Elite

gricel

Hi folks.  I'm new to the forums so sorry if this isn't the right area to post this question in.  Has anyone picked up Bias FX 2 from Positive Grid?  I like what they are offering and the price is great today.  However, when I look at the system requirements, it says nothing about being Cakewalk being a compatible DAW, yet, I see people on this forum are using it. 

https://help.positivegrid.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024944311-System-Requirements-for-BIAS-FX-2-Desktop

Also, I can't find it now, but I read on Positive Grid's web site that if you use Cakewalk to record and Bias FX 2 to process the signal, all you get is a dry signal fromm the guitar on the track when you record.  Did I read this right?  Can you not record the processed signal in Cakewalk from Bias FX 2?

Edited by gricel

CbB records whatever signal is at the track input.

It is possible to monitor effects while recording which is usually enough for most purposes.

That said, it is possible to record effects in real time by sending the track to another track using a patch point or aux bus and recording the second track or aux bus. This works because by the time the signal arrives at the second track's input, the effects have been applied. In this case, I recommend recording both the original track (the dry signal) and the second track (the signal with effects added) just in case.

1 minute ago, scook said:

CbB records whatever signal is at the track input.

It is possible to monitor effects while recording which is usually enough for most purposes.

That said, it is possible to record effects in real time by sending the track to another track using a patch point or aux bus and recording that track. This works because by the time the signal arrives at the second track's input, the effects have already been applied. In this case, I recommend recording both the original track (the dry signal) and the second track (the signal with effects added) just in case.

Thanks.  I will try this.