If you post a deal, please mention.......

Promidi

4 hours ago, John Bohlen said:

Somehow this thread has turned into a pissing contest about Kontakt which is not the real issue here.  Someone is requesting that whoever is posting a deal should take extra time and make sure it lists if the product requires the full Kontakt application because it takes extra clicks to determine that on his own. I mean... how lazy can you get. What's next... maybe we should PM that person too...

I agree that a deal poster doesn't owe the community anything.

However, standard form is someone posts a deal about a plugin that only works with (lets say Studio One) for example, people tend to note that restriction.  A library that requires a $200 investment to get it to work on top of whatever the deal is fits into a similar catergory.  "Requires Studio One" is 3 words that saves the end user time, the same thing with "Requires Full Kontakt," 

People post deals for the good of the community, I'm not convinced it is unreasonable to hope they they could type 3 extra words to save numerious people from what ends up feeling like click bait.  "Free" sample library (if you already spent at least $200 to get the player).  

It could even be reduced to 3 letters RFK if we started off with some acronym standardization.  😁

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Like 3

I don't know if people here are generally aware of this, but it costs developers a lot of money to make their libraries compatible with the Kontakt Player.   If you are expecting that small developers are going to make instruments for Kontakt Player that won't cost you anything, you will be disappointed.

There is no rational reason anyone should expect free Kontakt libraries to come with the Kontakt Player.  That makes any requested  "RFK" tag or some such nonsense pretty much redundant.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kurre said:

I don't get the fanatism with kontakt?

To me it seems a bit lazy to use soundsamples...:P

I couldn’t agree more. Whenever I need some orchestration in a song I always book Albert Hall and LSO for a day or two. Kontakt is for lazy people.

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

I don't know if people here are generally aware of this, but it costs developers a lot of money to make their libraries compatible with the Kontakt Player.   If you are expecting that small developers are going to make instruments for Kontakt Player that won't cost you anything, you will be disappointed.

There is no rational reason anyone should expect free Kontakt libraries to come with the Kontakt Player.  That makes any requested  "RFK" tag or some such nonsense pretty much redundant.

8 hours ago, Magic Russ said:

TheYou mention Kontkat library...that sums it up right there.  Mention what the deal actually is for, that is all the OP seemed to be asking. 

I'm fully aware of the fees NI put on developers to use the echo system.  And some deals are not free related to this, developer can and do charge for libraries that require the full version.   

Nothing to do really with making a distinction between free player and full.  It is about mention it requires a fairly expensive paid product on top of getting said deal.  Not every deal post mentioned the item is a Library tied to this one specific paid product.  That is what the OP was getting at 

• Like 1

Heavens, the OP did say "please."

I don't begrudge anyone posting a deal in whatever form they wish, but it would be nice if folks could mention that the "Free Hammond B3" in the topic was soundware for or otherwise required ownership of a proprietary platform, be it Kontakt, Sampletank, Ableton, PreSonus or otherwise.

For me it's not the time, trouble or effort to click and read about it, it's getting stoked when I read it and then disappointed when I find out that it's Studio One owners only or whatever. But that's my issue, and as I said, I begrudge nobody, and I post deals the way I choose and so should everyone else as long as the information is factual.

• Like 1