If you post a deal, please mention.......

Promidi

3 hours ago, kitekrazy said:

A serious DAW user always has Kontakt.  BTW you can make your own libraries with it.

I'm still on the fence to become serious user then.

Edit: but I will one day... ;) 

Edited by chris.r
  • Great Idea 1

Also unless the plugin name or link is obvious please include enough info so people know if it's worth looking further.
Posts like:

28% off
www.mysteryplugincompany.com\unknownVST

are a worthless, let Larry or some else post it if you don't have time to do it right.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, Promidi said:

There are those who say that same thing about Pro Tools......

Pro Tools is just a DAW; any other DAW can pretty much do the same thing, give or take a few features/workflow approaches. Kontakt opens the door to sooooo many different/new libraries.

1 hour ago, kitekrazy said:

A serious DAW user always has Kontakt.  BTW you can make your own libraries with it.

Not everyone works in MIDI world, and there are lots of alternative products.

I personally find the interface and function of Kontakt within a DAW to be annoying.  It has trouble communicating with some other "midi driver/creator" programs in my experience and can be a pain to setup and use.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Not everyone works in MIDI world, and there are lots of alternative products.

I personally find the interface and function of Kontakt within a DAW to be annoying.  It has trouble communicating with some other "midi driver/creator" programs in my experience and can be a pain to setup and use.  

For someone creating libraries, I could see that. The majority of commercial libraries come with a slick custom interface. I think the issues you're having are mostly "user" related and nothing to do with Kontakt itself.

12 minutes ago, John Bohlen said:

For someone creating libraries, I could see that. The majority of commercial libraries come with a slick custom interface. I think the issues you're having are mostly "user" related and nothing to do with Kontakt itself.

I've been a DAW user for about 2 decades.  They clearly don't have a top notch Human Factors team at NI that developed the product.  And if you understand Human Factors even in its most basic form, you would understand that the "user problem" and the "Kontakt itself problem" are not separable.  

Somehow this thread has turned into a pissing contest about Kontakt which is not the real issue here.  Someone is requesting that whoever is posting a deal should take extra time and make sure it lists if the product requires the full Kontakt application because it takes extra clicks to determine that on his own. I mean... how lazy can you get. What's next... maybe we should PM that person too...

• Like 1

Ok, let's be REASONABLE.  The OP person took HIS/HER time to find the deal and post it.
If you are too busy to go and look at the instrument, and see the requirements, THAT is 
on YOU...not the poster...

God forbid you take 2 seconds or your precious time to go see what the requirements are...after THEY have
already posted the link for you to do so...

People are crazy.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, cclarry said:

People are crazy.

Back of the bus bucko... I was here FIRST.

{Off topic... wait, the first comment was too :)] I am onboard with the UI bashing though, this thread reminded me that Kontakt is the one with no UI border... you have to resize it via the hotspot area in the lower right. I didn't get Kontakt full till last summer, and a UI where someone tries to cram everything onto the same page where the user has to scroll through loaded instruments makes me wonder if NI even knows what tabs/pages are. I cannot fathom someone trying to use it before the UI could be rezised. That UI could use some serious (post-2010) love.

Part of the OP issue is that Library makers don't make it clear on their product which versions are required (but they are getting better about is).

It would help others to change the OP title to something like "Please specify which version of Kontakt a library requires" but it will scroll off the screen by tomorrow anyway.

Edited by mettelus
  • Haha 2