Using Electronic Drum Kit

Keith Wilby

Assuming the electronic drum kit presents itself as a MIDI controller (which I believe most if not all of them do), then yes you can.

You just need to make sure the USB drum kit's MIDI IN device is checked within Preferences / Midi / Devices.

As long as the track containing Addictive Drums 2 has MIDI echo enabled, and MIDI set to receive from the drum kit it should work.

image.png.6d26e341e49061d2613b5b608780b477.png

You may need to play around with AD2's map functionality to match the sounds. AD2 has mappings for the most popular electronic kits. If yours isn't listed then GM will normally work:

ad2_drum_mapping.gif

I have some additional info, on an AD2 project template, and on mappings, and such.... After I deal with laundry and some household resurrection (tore it up Friday, looking for a teeny tiny external hard drive, to no avail), I will circle back and provide that info.

Bob Bone

• 1 year later...

I plugged my alesis nitro kit into my cakewalk and tried to run it through MT-power drum kit and the cakewalks drum vst through the midi and I would record it and when I play it back it freezes and crashes the page does anyone know why this is happening?

4 hours ago, Ryan Beatteay said:

I plugged my alesis nitro kit into my cakewalk and tried to run it through MT-power drum kit and the cakewalks drum vst through the midi and I would record it and when I play it back it freezes and crashes the page does anyone know why this is happening?

Have you got a MIDI feedback loop?   It may be that the MT-power drum kit doesn't cope with that.

I've got both the Nitro kit and the M-power VSTi - I'll give it a try this weekend and see how I get on.

21 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

I use the free MT-Power kit that requires you to click on a skip to get it up and running.

Is there any way to open the project with this VST always operational, even if this type of "free"?

Something like a keyboard shortcut, a CAL to do the operation, because it is quite annoying this type of use having to click on SKIP.

Yes - make a donation to the developer, and he'll send you a registration key to permanently bypass this.

• Like 2
  • Meh 1

I see mr  Sica gave Marks comment a thumbs down?   you are annoyed that they only ask for a donation??  If you like the software then pay for it, a very simple system. If you don't like it, don't use it. 

And your asking for help to basically Hack/ Pirate  the software which is sort of against the rules here. 

This thread reminds me I haven't un packed my Yamaha DTX  kit since I moved 2 years ago!  

For sure you can trigger any VST even pianos if you wanna be weird. But make sure you bypass all audio effect to bring your midi latency down. I found I played better if I monitored the Brain while recording as there is no latency at all that way. 

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 2