the weight of the world

thegaltieribrothers

Paul, this made my day.  Your mix is very professional;  it's crystal clear, well panned, and fills up my room.  What a pleasure listening to you improving all the time, as we all seem to be doing around here.  Your songwriting just gets better, and your voice is getting better at conveying your feelings.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 2

Hi MartinSave Martin S,

Glad you like the sound of the guitar.

Hi Lynn,

I'm happy I made your day, thank you for your kind comments.

Hi David,

I intended the song to be a warning for my sons about not taking life too seriously but as always I think it was probably a message to myself.

Thank you all for listening and for your comments they are really appreciated.

best wishes

paul

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I liked the bgv's a ton, and that flangey guitar noodle, and the elec piano has the wonderful warble chorus. Vocals in general were a highlight.

I think your effort would shine even harder with more drum programming, for fills and variations. That's about it for crits!

good one Paul!

-Tom

• Like 1

I know I'm a little late to the thread ....WOW I needed to hear the message of your song .

It seems my personal MO is to be living in a "Tit for Tat "  emotional world where I honestly do not understand half the $hit that is going on around me  regarding what motivates people to do the things they do and all the ways that they do  it ....whew...lol

Typically something happened on a Monday and yet I'm still thinking about the Sunday of Next Week ...lol

Yes Great song message ...

I enjoyed all the elements of the song ...The main thing is I did need to hear about learning how to lighten the load on my shoulders  VIA the expression of your songs lyrics 

thank you for that ,

Kenny

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...