List of Sonar versions with plugin content?

twelvetone

11 hours ago, twelvetone said:

Did all Platinums have the same plugs?

Do I only need to install the last one?

With Platinum the plugins are installed independently from the main program.  There are several separate plugin suites.

The original LP plug-ins were discontinued midway through the life of Platinum when the L-Phase plug-ins were added. The last installer containing the old LP series is Engineering FX Suite 1.0.14. AFAIK, they were the only plug-ins dropped while Platinum was sold. That said, it may be easier to get them from an advanced install of an older version of SONAR Producer if you are going to grab anything older than Platinum.

Thanks.

Looks like X2 has a lot that was discontinued. 

So X2 plus X3 and then my Command Center contents, I should then have everything I bought.

Then I can install CbB.

Just checked: Did the above procedure now I have LP EQ and LP MB version 1.0.3 AND Linear EQ and Linear Compressor.

Looks like I'm good.

Edited by twelvetone

If you want V-Vocal, you will need to perform at least a minimal installation of X2. If possible do this install first. After selecting 64bit and advancec install here is how to run the minimal installation

Xtyprss.gif

After selecting minimal installation from the drop down, you may select additional plug-ins to install.

• Thanks 1

I just did this and I used my last version of Splat and 8.5. Don't see anything missing so far. As said just do bare bones installs and best to do them in sequence of age. 

I saved my Command center download folder so I just copy that over and run it. That way no downloading and goes fast.  

Looking over that spreadsheet and seeing a dozen modules in the ProChannel that X3 did not come with, but are now included in CbB, is darn sharp! 

And it sparked a question in my mind:

Can anybody describe the difference between our ProChannel vs Scheps Omni Channel (on sale for $40 for another 7+ hours)?  Would there by any reason to obtain Scheps Omni?

Edited by Toddskins

On 12/2/2019 at 11:17 AM, Toddskins said:

Looking over that spreadsheet and seeing a dozen modules in the ProChannel that X3 did not come with, but are now included in CbB, is darn sharp! 

And it sparked a question in my mind:

Can anybody describe the difference between our ProChannel vs Scheps Omni Channel (on sale for $40 for another 7+ hours)?  Would there by any reason to obtain Scheps Omni?

A matter of taste really.

Why don’t you demo it. You can download a free trial. 

I have both, but prefer ProChannel because it’s convenient, built right in and the various FX are more than serviceable. Above all I’m used to it and how it sounds. Also there were a few plugins that extended the functionality of the ProChannel. 
There’s nothing wrong with Scheps, but it is a little heavier in CPU usage. 
A general principle I rely on when using channel strips is to not mix and match. Of course thats a hangover from the analog days where the console you had dictated your channel strip. In the digital era I guess there’s only  guiding principles. You can do anything you want. Whether it sounds good or works well is another question. 
I bought the Waves Mercury bundle quite a few years ago now and all the Scheps plugins were included along with updates. I probably wouldn’t have bought a seperate channel strip, already having ProChannel. 

Edited by Michael Vogel ( MUDGEL)
  • Like 1