Jamstix Holiday Sale

Yan Filiatrault

13 minutes ago, Mesh said:

I really need to spend some time on this and wrap my head around it.

Yes, you will have to devote some time to it. Then using it becomes more enjoyable.

Once you understand how the GUI is laid out, it makes so much more sense than when you first look at it. 

You can take one of the presets, set the kick on one and three, snare on two and four, then adjust the timing to get the exact beat your looking for with the feel your seeking.

Then turn that into a style. Set up a song with intro, verse, and so on, using that style!! What is really exceptional about Jamstix is as the song progresses, so does the drum parts. IOW it knows when it's at the chorus and then back at the verse.

Select different drummers to see what you come up with, or stay with what you created.

This program is really amazing. I could go on.... : )

Edited by Grem
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 1

I think Toontrack should hire Ray....that song builder is the SHIZNET!
This is my first time actually using it, and it was pretty simple if you have
any aptitude!  Picked my style, my drummer, my kit, slapped together a song
with the song creator and bang...done. 

There are some really good YouTube video's on this to help you get a better grip on it. 
Couple this with SD3, or any other Drum program, and you'd be set.  To me, the MIDI
created here is far more "like a drummer" than the others.  If they were to
combine the "naturalness" of Jamstix, and THAT song builder, with the Samples and editing
of SD3...BANK CITY!!! 

• Like 4

Good review Larry. And he is correct, and something I failed to mention when I posted what Jamstix could do.

Jamstix has lots and lots of preset styles that you can use to make basic songs complete.

You can save these songs and use them how ever you like. Change tempo, different song. Change drummer, different sound/feel.

What can be do e with this program really is nice. I have imported Groove Monkee midi grooves into Jamstix and built a style from that. Then I use that in different songs. 

It really is much more than just a drum sampler. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Grem said:

much more than just a drum sampler. 

totally agree - actually the drum sampler is one of the weakest parts :) ....not saying it's bad though

it integrates well into SD3 - BFD - AD etc so it's win / win

• Like 2

15 hours ago, cclarry said:

I think Toontrack should hire Ray....that song builder is the SHIZNET!
This is my first time actually using it, and it was pretty simple if you have
any aptitude!  Picked my style, my drummer, my kit, slapped together a song
with the song creator and bang...done. 

There are some really good YouTube video's on this to help you get a better grip on it. 
Couple this with SD3, or any other Drum program, and you'd be set.  To me, the MIDI
created here is far more "like a drummer" than the others.  If they were to
combine the "naturalness" of Jamstix, and THAT song builder, with the Samples and editing
of SD3...BANK CITY!!! 

As long as they didn't make it an exclusive owner of the IP, etc.

Having Jamstix tied to SD3 would be a fate that is pretty close to death.

Part of the beauty of the program is the fact it can work with ANY drum library (not just the most over priced one on the market that refused to give real long term upgrade pricing options)  😂