Jamstix Holiday Sale

Yan Filiatrault

35 minutes ago, Yan Filiatrault said:

I wonder if it’s a Black Friday price or if it will stay at 119$ all December?

Rayzoon has started its holiday sale on Dec 1. All prices shown today are good though the end of the month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mcmd said:

I have Jamstix 4 and a couple of the expansion paks. I don't see any upgrade options / pricing to Ultimate, other than new license at $119. Anyone know?

Send an email to Ralph and see what he tells ya. He may give a deal. Ya never know.

• Great Idea 1

5 hours ago, mcmd said:

I have Jamstix 4 and a couple of the expansion paks. I don't see any upgrade options / pricing to Ultimate, other than new license at $119. Anyone know?

+ 1 on emailing Ralph.

The other option is just to buy the pieces (or bundles) you don't have.  

Edited by Brian Walton

15 hours ago, Grem said:

Great program. Really nice to work a song out with.  Once you learn what it's features are and do, you can get a song structure in just a few minutes. 

At first I felt totally overwhelmed, but the more I worked with the more sense it made.  A really remarkable product.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Grem said:

Rayzoon is a really good company. Once I missed a sale and I wrote him and he gave me the sale price a month later. It was an upgrade from 2 to 3. Now I own everything he sells except the odd meter pak.

agreed - it's another I'm more than happy to pay full price for - small time operation - the GUI could probably do with the attention for a graphic designer but the product is great - and he's very active on his forum and very helpful with support tickets

1 hour ago, simon said:

agreed - it's another I'm more than happy to pay full price for - small time operation - the GUI could probably do with the attention for a graphic designer but the product is great - and he's very active on his forum and very helpful with support tickets

Very true.  I recently ran into an issue and he worked with me over two days to resolve it.  Great guy.

45 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Jamcussion is the only thing I don't have.  Think that is going to change during this sale period.  

I wish Jamstix  had mapping to DrumCore 4.  But I also realize that isn't as popular/widely used as AD2, EZD, BFD or Superior.   

Scook is correct, it's not that hard to make your own. If you need help with it the Rayzoon forums aren't as quick with responses as this forum is, but they always do respond. And it's very helpful. 

5 hours ago, scook said:

The maps are text files stored in C:\ProgramData\Jamstix4\data\midimaps

Should be pretty easy to add custom maps for any synth.

Wonderful, got about 90% there and will have to work out the kinks on the last 10%.   (open hi-hat seems to be the same as closed hi-hat despite picking different number and maybe a couple other sounds that are off).  

So close to getting my favorite drum set of all time used in my own productions, how amazing is that?  (The main upside to DC4 is drum sets from actual drummers that have spent decades matching and tuning drums and cymbals for their own sound).  Other libraries sound great, but virtually all of them have a certain plainness - which admittedly makes them versatile and usable by a wide range of users. 

5 hours ago, Grem said:

Scook is correct, it's not that hard to make your own. If you need help with it the Rayzoon forums aren't as quick with responses as this forum is, but they always do respond. And it's very helpful. 

Thanks, I've posted there a few times over the years, but most of it was before and around the LONG anticipated JS4 release.  

• Like 2

@Brian Walton I remember reading about other users working on their own maps having trouble with the hihats  just like your describing.  Just go to the forum and describe what you're trying to do and they will help you work it out. 

You never know, you may have found a bug and Ralph would want to know about it.