Seagate 5tb Backup Plus USB 3.0 External Hard Drive + 32gb Flash drive $75.98

e-cue

15 minutes ago, e-cue said:

https://www.costco.com/.product.3005555.html

If you're a member, Costco has it with Rescue Data Recovery Services for about $15 more (and no flash drive).  

A friend just got one from Staples, so maybe they restocked them, or she got lucky?  Maybe try again and report back if they are still OOS.  

Unfortunately the deal you posted is only for online. 

Mine is already shipped.  They are two separate packages.   I'm not sure how much use I would get out of a 32gb flash drive.  Like that should be any different with 80% of DAW purchases.

This was a BF common sense purchase.

Edited by kitekrazy
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, LAGinz said:

Assuming this spins at 54,000 rather than 72,000?

I have never seen the rpm spec on these, but own two and they come across as 5400rpm drives to me. They get power via the USB cable, are heavy, and don't pull high transfer speeds; but they are good for backup storage options.

• Like 2

The drive does have a USB3 interface,  here are the throughput specs reported by CrystalDiskMark on my system:

image.png.4e7a74ed5354f67f3f7bf8d8dc992f6c.png

I've got mine plugged into a USB3 port. While the transfer speeds don't hold up when compared to my internally mounted SSD drives I am not unhappy with the performance of this drive but I do try to avoid streaming off it.

Edited by TheSteven

I'll co-sign the Anker.  They've worked very good for me with various drives and keyboards filling it up (and a few decent charging points for clients' cell phones as well).   I've had issues with others (not enough power for a small Akai, etc).