Placing notes on pianoroll

Odys

Yes, when snap is enabled the grid lines bisect the hot spots for note placement. With Aim Assist and snap enabled in the PRV, the placement of a note is shown by Aim Assist.

This only time this

3 hours ago, Odys said:

Right now to put note in a specific grid I have to click on left half of it. Clicking on right half puts note on grid next to it. I would love to disable this feature. Giving me half the space means that i have to be zoomed in twice as much horizontally to get same precision. 

is true is the left edge of the PRV.  Otherwise, there is just as much space to the right of the grid line as the left to place a note that starts at the grid line.

To change the snap from centering the hot spot on the grid to starting at the grid line is a feature request (or a bug report depending on the devs point of view).

19 hours ago, Odys said:

To me that's ridiculous.

note.gif.fb214733725d26a374312ba55a2784a8.gif

I think you understand now, but just to explain it another way:  Note that the feature is called snap-to-grid, not snap-to-cell. Grid lines define the center of the interval to which you're snapping, and the snap zone for that line extends half the resolution to either side of it. As soon as you get more than half way to the next grid line (assuming lines at the same resolution as snap) , the start of the note will snap to that nearest grid line, whether it's earlier or later.

Aim for the line, not the space. 

On 12/1/2019 at 2:52 PM, scook said:

Yes, when snap is enabled the grid lines bisect the hot spots for note placement. With Aim Assist and snap enabled in the PRV, the placement of a note is shown by Aim Assist.

This only time this

is true is the left edge of the PRV.  Otherwise, there is just as much space to the right of the grid line as the left to place a note that starts at the grid line.

To change the snap from centering the hot spot on the grid to starting at the grid line is a feature request (or a bug report depending on the devs point of view).

"To change the snap from centering the hot spot on the grid to starting at the grid line is a feature request (or a bug report depending on the devs point of view)."

Has any of this changed with the new update?