Midi in Problems with Hardware Synthies

schnibbelkram

Hey guys,

I own a Minilogue XD and a Monologue. I have a Steinberg UR 22 Interface. Both Synthies don`t send midi in to cakewalk , neither via usb or when connected via a midi cable with the interface, so i thought this would be a Korg (driver) problem. 2 Days ago i got a Roland alpha juno 1  - and the same problem appeares. No midi signal received by cakewalk. it works the other way around though with all of my modules/rack mount synth ( Prophet 08, Kawai K1+K4 , Roland U220, Korg M3R)  ; i can send midi to them via cakewalk  (but with some anoying latency issues). Try to find an answer online ,but did not find anything. Any ideas ? I know i have to enable/check them in "midi devices", but when connected via interface, it`s the interface that needs to be checked, and of course it is.

Edited by schnibbelkram

Is this just a Cakewalk problem or it occurs with other applications? Download MidiOx to confirm that your keyboards are sending to Windows and being recognized and to confirm the channel they are sending on.  Most commonly this problem occurs because you have not configured Cakewalk to recognize these sources as MIDI inputs. In the case of the interface, then the input to the MIDI ins of the interface is generally hidden from Cakewalk, so the interface MIDI out should be the Cakewalk MIDI in regardless of which keyboard is sending to the interface. The other common issue, and one that is suggested by the fact that you can send MIDI out from Cakewalk is that the channel the MIDI in (keyboard via USB or interface) is not the one that your track is set up to receive in Cakewalk.