Etherial lyrics in our head

John K

Was in the shower today. Why there, I don’t know, but brings out the best in my creativity for some reason. Singing profane blasphemous variations of Christmas songs. Composing lyrics that probable could not be posted in polite society. Doo Wop crazy chants and rhythms. Sublime cool stuff worthy of any Zen koan.

Realized from a long time ago that I had this mental affliction, but wondered how many others were in the same boat. Then realized probably most of us are if there is a grain of artistic talent.

Thought of the late Al Jerreau (anybody remember him?) What a freak out would it have been to live in his head for five minutes listening to the insane blast. God help the mental state of rap artists.

I really think that some of the best lyrics, poetry will remain unsung over the insanity of it. Have some suspicion that you guys are like me. Something inspiring in the morning shower or elsewhere will never see the light of day although it should be appreciated in auditoriums.

Any feedback as to where you are at with really sublime but hidden creativity that will never see the light of day.  Not ready for prime time. Inspirations that may not be quite politically correct but still state of the art.

John