AAS updates Lounge Lizard EP-4 to v4.3.0 (not a deal, but free to EP-4 users)

TheSteven

AAS updates Lounge Lizard EP-4 to v4.3.0
https://www.applied-acoustics.com/lounge-lizard-ep-4/

AAS has updated Lounge Lizard EP-4 to version 4.3.0, and they believe it's their best sounding release to date.

What's new:

• New Library - The completely renewed factory library features classic electric piano sounds as well as over 240 gig- and mix-ready custom electric pianos making good use of the compressor, equalizer, and multi-effect processor.
  • New Compressor and equalizer - These new additions are designed to add punch and definition to your sound, letting you cut through any dense mix or stage.
  • New Character control - The new Character control provides five classic studio and stage signal path emulations—that's the cabinet, pre-amp, microphone, and recorder chain that follows the piano's output—to help fit your electric piano part into your track.
  • New Streamlined interface - Redesigned from the ground up, the new interface now divides Lounge Lizard EP-4 into three panels: Play presents shortcuts to the main piano and effect parameters including bypass switches for quick edits; Edit lets you get under the hood and voice the piano to taste; while FX supplies equalizer, compressor, multi-effect, and reverb processors for final shaping duties.
  • New Limiter - The new output limiter protects your ears and monitors during experimentation with the piano's physical modeling parameters while providing a maximum of distortion-free dynamics.
  • New Bank and program manager - Lounge Lizard EP-4's new manager allows simple and efficient organization, backup, and sharing of your sounds.
  • Overhauled effects - Reinvigorated, polished, and tuned especially for the electric piano, Lounge Lizard EP-4's multi-effect processor features our best sounding chorus, delay, phaser, flanger, distortion, notch filter, wah-wah, auto-wah, and reverb to date.
  • New Microtonal tunings via Scala scale files - Lounge Lizard EP-4 now supports the Scala scale file format for microtonal music making.

The update is free for Lounge Lizard EP-4 owners.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Thanks 5

• TheSteven changed the title to AAS updates Lounge Lizard EP-4 to v4.3.0 (not a deal, but free to EP-4 users)
40 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Here’s hoping we’ll get GUI resizing on the other ones too without having to pay for the update. 
GUI resizing is all I wanted with UA-2 and I’m not paying for the UA-3 upgrade to get it. 

I should have been more specific.  All current applied-acoustics synths have been updated.

I suspect that Ultra-Analog-va-2 will never get GUI resizing.

Note: Ultra-Analog-va-3 has added more than merely the ability to resize the GUI

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Paul P said:

How did you find out about this update ?

Because I follow AAS on KVR I received an email notice.
I was going through my emails an found this.
It arrived around midnight on Wed night/Thursday morning and got buried in all the holiday spam .

Edit:
Under My KVR,  Global Options / Preferences / Email Settings
You can opt to receive email news on items of your choice.

image.png.2c23a35ff33260edc5c3527af0234242.png

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2019 11:50 AM
To: KVR Notification <XXXXXXXXX@gmail.com>
Subject: [KVR News] AAS updates Lounge Lizard EP-4 to v4.3.0

Hello TheSteven,

A product or developer that you have chosen to follow at KVR Audio has had a News Item posted:

AAS updates Lounge Lizard EP-4 to v4.3.0

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

A bunch of the AAS plugins have been updated to include resizing.  I gave up trying to figure out what was new and just downloaded the big installer in my account that installed everything.

Note that this large installer does not include String-Studio VS-2 or Ultra-Analog VA-2.  If you have older projects that contains these synths, you can download them as individual installers under “Legacy installers and serial numbers” on your products page on AAS's website

13 minutes ago, Promidi said:

Note that this large installer does not include String-Studio VS-2 or Ultra-Analog VA-2.  If you have older projects that contains these synths, you can download them as individual installers under “Legacy installers and serial numbers” on your products page on AAS's website

but those are 'frozen' in development so no GUI updates or probably even bug fixes will be coming their way

Edited by TheSteven

2 minutes ago, TheSteven said:

but those are 'frozen' in development so no GUI updates or probably even bug fixes will be coming their way

It's more so you can load those older projects (if needed) without "can't find plugin" error messages and to see their settings.  

Then you can swap them out for the updated versions. Once you have done that for all your relevant projects, then you can lose the older installers and just keep the consolidated installers.

• Great Idea 1

They really have outstanding customer support. I contacted them about the pricing of my upgrade price to get all their expansions. They honored what they told me a couple of months ago before they automatized their upgrades for that. So I end up with 17 new expansions for 77$ canadian dollars! Really great guys.