Tempo view update please^_^

Blacksymphony

Tempo view would be nice if the tempo curve  like an Automation lane with movable, selectable and tilt-able nodes.  like this video.  at 5:58.

and please make the transform tool available for tempo view.

maybe  tempo track is a good solution.

Edited by Blacksymphony
  • Like 7
  • Great Idea 5

The way tempo is handled in Cubase (as seen in that video) is pretty remarkable.  I’ve akways wanted tempo and meter tracks, and I think it’s really cool that you can toggle the tempo mapping on and off too.   Lots to like there and I’d love to see some of this added into Cakewalk

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

StudioOne also has a neat ability to match tempo grid to clips in arrange view.

Just drag grid nodes to any spot that makes it fit.

And having tempo map as a track above arrange view - and showing any change on tempo, even if that view is collapsed to really not fit all tempo changes.

• Like 1

I like the tempo view as it is, because sometimes I transfer parts of a project into other programs/hardware or to friends and then it is comfortable to have a bunch of readable values that can be easily reentered in another system!!! Runs perfect that way.

• Like 1

It doesn't remove the list that you can read at all - that is in Inspector still. Cubase has a separate dialog similar to Cakewalk too, duplicating that.

Since tempo changes are related to positions in project - it's nice having that along timeline, if you want that. Or just use the list - up to you.

And also seing, a number like a little flag and 135 on measure 13 in ruler meaning tempo changed there to 135, and whatever other tempos there are. Reaper and StudioOne do that nicely.

When you are setting a pre-roll and count in - to record - to see the changes where they are in time. Now you put that in markers yourself, so tempo is part of marker name. 

I just think it belongs in timeline.

And once in timeline - you can have the next like video show - to easily have tempo grid elastic and just drag to locations.

StudioOne has a similar approach. Very useful if doing free improvisation to video you are scoring for - and then match grid to fit.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...