Joshua Bell Violin Essentials

Vernon Barnes

New product by Embertone at Audio Plugin Deals - $59 -

https://audioplugin.deals/joshua-bell-violin-essential-by-embertone/

This maybe a "lite" version but it sounds superb and is intuitive.   Its Kontakt player compatible too if you don't have the full Kontakt (and NKS compatible.)

Looks like you can get the full version for $99 today only see Larrys thread

• Like 1

I agree.  I really like this.  

But I believe the Full version is $139 now, not $99.   If that's what people know they will want, it makes sense to do it now, because  the full version is $80 more this weekend.   Upgrade later on will be at least $100. 

Up until this, Bohemian Violin was one of my favorite Virtual Instruments.  I still love it--this won't take it off my list-- but the Bohemian Violin is best for slower, emotional, soulful stuff.    It can make anything you play sound beautiful.

The Joshua Bell is  more nimble, amazing for quick pieces.   It can play anything.  It has a different kind of sound.  I'm grateful they came out with the Essential, as I doubt I would have tried it otherwise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chris.r said:

Guys, any recommendations on a beautiful sounding solo cello, a cello alternative to the joshua bell above?

The original Tina Guo Legato is one of the most beautiful virtual instruments ever.  It's just legato...but what a legato!

The cello I use is Virharmonic's Bohemian Cello.  You don't have to worry about key switches, unless you want to.  The AI does all the work for you. Play the keyboard and it sounds like this:

The other thing that's cool with the Bohemian series is that they are always doing new versions, with a LOT more articulations and features.  As they come out with new versions, the prices go up.  But whenever you buy you get all the upgrades free. 

That said, getting the Embertone Blakus for $49.50 is a pretty amazing deal. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 11/30/2019 at 2:15 PM, cclarry said:

The Blakus Cello is $49.50 from Embertone

https://www.embertone.com/instruments/blakuscello.php

this is the only thing I have purchased this BF. 

Thanks to Larry for the HedUp

Embertone makes good product, IMO

I also have JB violin, got it at the intro price

fun to play, and I have used it in several recordings

it will be fun to pair it with cello

Best thing is, the JB violin, and the Bk cello, work inside Kontact free

all the freebies take Kontakt full to work in my daw

ok boomer

• Like 1
  • Haha 1