Just a boring instrumental song

FMented

Some heavy guitars to be sure, but as soon as they hit, all I hear of the drums is that crash panned hard left. If the waveform that BL is showing is anywhere near accurate you've "slammed" the mix; for me it makes it a bit hard to "hear" all instruments. @garybrunyou need to sign into your BandLab account; I find that annoying, but evidently that's how BL works.
FM I hope you find some constructive criticism in all that, you've got some things going on and I'd like to hear it all.

Tom

On 11/30/2019 at 5:25 AM, garybrun said:

Sorry but the link doesnt work for me.

On 11/30/2019 at 6:33 PM, SPAK said:

Or me

On 11/30/2019 at 11:42 PM, Wookiee said:

@FMented Link did not work here either and I am logged in to Bandlab.  A search found you but not sure what tune any chance of a clue as to which one?

On 11/30/2019 at 9:57 PM, User 905133 said:

Same here; had to log into BandLab on my PC.  (Now I need to find out how to direct BandLab's audio to my current audio device.)

On 11/30/2019 at 6:54 AM, DeeringAmps said:

Some heavy guitars to be sure, but as soon as they hit, all I hear of the drums is that crash panned hard left. If the waveform that BL is showing is anywhere near accurate you've "slammed" the mix; for me it makes it a bit hard to "hear" all instruments. @garybrunyou need to sign into your BandLab account; I find that annoying, but evidently that's how BL works.
FM I hope you find some constructive criticism in all that, you've got some things going on and I'd like to hear it all.

To

Omg this is so annoying, sorry for inconvenience guys. 

I just re-upload it to SoundCloud. 

Thanks for your criticism guys. 

Edited by FMented

I also like it.  I love the driving guitars.  There is a lot of very nice instrumentation going on but as pointed out above a touch of work on the mix might separate the instruments a bit more.  It strikes me that this song would be good background music for some adventure type of video or movie.  

Nice one!

2 hours ago, freddy j said:

I also like it.  I love the driving guitars.  There is a lot of very nice instrumentation going on but as pointed out above a touch of work on the mix might separate the instruments a bit more.  It strikes me that this song would be good background music for some adventure type of video or movie.  

Nice one!

Thank you buddy. 👍

\m/ Love the opening drum beat and either guitars, (programmed or a Delay...sounds great!) and I like what you're doing with the piano as well weaving all this together.

Hard to hear in the mix but the orchestration sounds kewl and I really like it! It's reminiscent of what I enjoy in listening to the Tubular Bells intro. Good work...

Edited by congalocke

Some very thoughtful musical ideas, builds, and over all still very listenable.

Mix thoughts? Maybe start with a listen to the hi-hats and cymbals. Super compressed and flangey. Not much headroom for dynamic playing. no soft, no loud, all just pretty up there.

Next I hear how those hi hats are completely masking the snare. I think you want the snare as much as the hi hats, at least?

You might try taking the compressor(s) off of the drums. See where that leads you? What compressors are you using?

Your song is very much worth some mixing experimentation. Enjoy!

-Tom