Acustica Pensado EQ

cclarry

12 minutes ago, Zo said:

I can' t recalll when i was so un' exited by a piece of gear hyped on around .... mmm maybe the CLA's NS 10 ?

Bawhahaha.   Oh man, that's BRUTAL.  

It's just an eq, like a passive one, now I know better. I saved 135 euros by not buying it. Sonically it's more transparent and clean than others, but doesnt sound amazing.

If you don't like it, that's fine...  but to say it's transparent completely ignores the "pre" section and feature set.  I mean there is literally a harmonics knob.  

image.png.e025d9b13e16525cfe4792ae2a8462ce.png

9 hours ago, Carlos said:

You bought those 3 already? Wow, still deciding whether I get the Pensado EQ, it's so 3d too, I tried it vs a passive EQ, which sounds nice, but it's like the Pensado's doesn't fill between frequences so it's more "transparent" and a touch of silkyness (just a tad bit) (testing on vocals mainly). Grrr, so hard to choose.

Yup. And no regrets especially they will refound me a difference I overpayed by my silly mistake. :)

And I must say I love them very much, all 3. They are really doing 'something'.  Tried to compare against my different EQs (Pultecs different clones or others like TE-100) and they sound nice and evidently different.  That Lemon thing is also nice sounding very analog,

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, e-cue said:

Bawhahaha.   Oh man, that's BRUTAL.  

If you don't like it, that's fine...  but to say it's transparent completely ignores the "pre" section and feature set.  I mean there is literally a harmonics knob.  

image.png.e025d9b13e16525cfe4792ae2a8462ce.png

Where is that hidden? In a black plate? Where do I click to show that?  All I have is input, low, low mid, mid section, high mid, high, output, that knob is knowhere to be found, lol.

19 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Where is that hidden? In a black plate? Where do I click to show that?  All I have is input, low, low mid, mid section, high mid, high, output, that knob is knowhere to be found, lol.

Click "auto gain".  You'll see the 'input' knob change.  Without this, I can understand your comment.  

When you decrease it on Pre1 (dirtier than pre2- more of a smiley face sound that's kinda hyped), you'll noticed it get tamed.  When you decrease Pre2 (you'll hear a smooth bump around 10k), you'll notice much less of a difference.  It does nothing when no pre is selected.  Turning them up will be obvious (again, unless you have no pre selected).  

Edited by e-cue
added for clarification
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, e-cue said:

Click "auto gain".  You'll see the 'input' knob change.  Without this, I can understand your comment.  

When you decrease it on Pre1 (dirtier than pre2- more of a smiley face sound that's kinda hyped), you'll noticed it get tamed.  When you decrease Pre2 (you'll hear a smooth bump around 10k), you'll notice much less of a difference.  It does nothing when no pre is selected.  Turning them up will be obvious (again, unless you have no pre selected).  

Ok all you say it's pretty sweet (thanks for taking ur time) but Autogain still shows the Input knob labeled as Input. I clicked on the presets to no avail (some of them have autogain on). Perhaps this is because I am using the Trial one? I don't know :P

34 minutes ago, Carlos said:

Ok all you say it's pretty sweet (thanks for taking ur time) but Autogain still shows the Input knob labeled as Input. I clicked on the presets to no avail (some of them have autogain on). Perhaps this is because I am using the Trial one? I don't know :P

Not like this?  
If not, you might want to let their support know and give them your specs (DAW, OS, PC, plug in format, blood type, favorite flavor of gatorade, etc).  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, e-cue said:

Not like this?  
If not, you might want to let their support know and give them your specs (DAW, OS, PC, plug in format, blood type, favorite flavor of gatorade, etc).  

Yeah, it doesn't do that here :P
It's ok, it's a nice EQ but not 135 euros nice. It reacts to certain freqs very nice though, I can tell, but not my cup of tea. Cheers.

• Like 1

On 11/30/2019 at 11:07 AM, Piotr said:

Wow, thanks, I have written to support with - to be honest - just a little hope and they answered me to redo whole transaction with code applied and then they would refound my mistaken buy :)

Kudos for their support as well :)

Check your emails, (I just got another regular) coupon. This one expires Dec. 16..They must be doing mass emails every few days..

1 hour ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Check your emails, (I just got another regular) coupon. This one expires Dec. 16..They must be doing mass emails every few days..

Yep, got it, thanks. I have noticed they are pretty regular about sending coupons. After every buy I got it and even better, when coupon I got is about  to expire they were  sending another one. This way I can say I have always at least one valid coupon :) 

Nice, adding their deals it turned out they are not as much expensive as I initially have thought. But - of course - still far from $29 zone...

But every (?) update for a plugin from them to next engine seems to be a opportunity for them to introduce a deal... Nice :)