Acustica Pensado EQ

cclarry

1 hour ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Bottom line is don't compare to Waves or anyone else because the tech isn't the same.

Wooow. I never did that. :(It wasn't about something else.

Ridiculous to knock a product without every trying it or knowing what's under the hood.

Wow, again, I do not understand why you are writing something like this...  Knock it? Who did it? When? Where? :(

To be honest feel very sorry seeing when somebody is trying to put into my (?) mouth things I have never said :(  

Wasn't comparing product tech. Wasn't comparing companies.

I was comparing really something else... Just idea to hire top mixer and let him design dream EQ taking what's the best from different hardware their like. That's it.

I really do not see anything offensive to AA in statement Waves did it before. It doesn't mean in the same way, or anything more than just that.

I like plugins both from Waves and AA (and many other companies too) and understand a little (at least I hope, considering my background) technical difference in their approach about implementation their projects.

I like your music very much and respect your skills (both musician and mixer/producer) but please do not say doing anything I never intended to . It is not fair. I published here even link with nice review. How would it be knocking? 😕

Anyway, to close this unexpected for me thread I cannot say more than written  (my broken English can be a little obstacle in getting my points) so I do not authorize any interpretation of my thoughts without my personal approval ;)

I would like to count on you about AA without scaring to ask or say anything ;)

• Like 2

Forget about it, it's not important.

Dave said there was something new he doesn't think anyone has done yet. My first post & 'check the 50-80hz' comment was to reference his statement.

I think that's what he was talking about, not eq flavours mixed in a box like Waves has already done.

If one tries the plugin they might hear what it does or what's different about it.

Edited by Hidden Symmetry

6 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I still like Ruby2 over both of them so no problem here!

MAte, I hate you! I downloaded Ruby and Pensado's... Ruby wins! So much 3d with Ruby, and it's so simple, goddammit! But it's expensive too, even with a code...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

Glad you like it!

If I could I'd give you my coupon but they're tied to each users account.

I have Pink, Navy too, and omg, this Ruby is beyond awesome. I wish I knew about this one before (I know, I can download all the trials and demo them).

I got a code for 20 or 18 percent. still kinda high :P Cheers.

11 hours ago, Carlos said:

I have Pink, Navy too, and omg, this Ruby is beyond awesome. I wish I knew about this one before (I know, I can download all the trials and demo them).

I got a code for 20 or 18 percent. still kinda high :P Cheers.

Now I hate you ;) As you make me so curious of Ruby...  :)

But I am an idiot. I was talking to my collegue by phone when buying few AA plugs yesterday at the same time and forgot to add my personal coupon :( Just 20% lost :( Everything about my multitasking... grrr... :( It could be  big part of money to spent for Ruby if I like it...

• Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Piotr said:

But I am an idiot. I was talking to my collegue by phone when buying few AA plugs yesterday at the same time and forgot to add my personal coupon :( Just 20% lost :( Everything about my multitasking... grrr... :( It could be  big part of money to spent for Ruby if I like it...

Send AA support a ticket & explain. They'll most likely send you another coupon code.

• Thanks 1

Send AA support a ticket & explain. They'll most likely send you another coupon code.

Wow, thanks, I have written to support with - to be honest - just a little hope and they answered me to redo whole transaction with code applied and then they would refound my mistaken buy :)

Kudos for their support as well :)

Edited by Piotr
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Piotr said:

Oh no! Now I am sad too 😭 Write them mate, so they fix this. In the Gearslutz forum they are very out spoken and kind, so I don't think you will have an issue (although late response since it's weekend? Idk.

I hope you demo (download trials) the plugins you want before buying, I know I am doing that and even though Pensado's eq is nice, very nice maybe in some sources, it didn't make me jump in joy.

Ruby I feel it's an instrument EQ, not a Vocals EQ. I tried it specially on drums and it makes them sound so silky (specially hi hats, it makes them stand out but in a certain silky frequency instead of high or very high where it's kinda prominent way).

I took out all my EQ's, even AA's, trying to achieve that silky sound... NO AVAIL! I did this for more than an hour, trying to save more than 100 euros... lol.

But I am so spent mate, I even bought earlier Nebula for like 100 bucks (last sale), and that was stretching my wall.e.t aka credit card, lol.

• Like 1

Just now, Piotr said:

Wow, thanks, I have written to support with - to be honest - just a little hope and they answered me to redo whole transaction with code applied and then they would refound my mistaken buy :)

They answered already?!?!!? Awesome!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Carlos said:

I hope you demo (download trials) the plugins you want before buying,

Yep, and I have probably bad luck as what I trial'ed I liked :)

So bought Purple, Honey, Lemon although planed to trial them to pick one I like the best for my arsenal :)

20 minutes ago, Piotr said:

Yep, and I have probably bad luck as what I trial'ed I liked :)

So bought Purple, Honey, Lemon although planed to trial them to pick one I like the best for my arsenal :)

You bought those 3 already? Wow, still deciding whether I get the Pensado EQ, it's so 3d too, I tried it vs a passive EQ, which sounds nice, but it's like the Pensado's doesn't fill between frequences so it's more "transparent" and a touch of silkyness (just a tad bit) (testing on vocals mainly). Grrr, so hard to choose.

I found some info on what's going on with this plugin. Someone asked over at G.S.-

'So basically you took the idea from Waves manny maroquin eq and translated it to dynamic impulse responses
instead of a waves stock eq.'

Giancarlo (owner) answered-

"The concept is similar, but Dave has gone further.
1) Every single frequency is executed by the hardware, software, or combined machine that Dave would have used for that purpose: so let's no longer talk about a whole band
2) the final result had to be harmonic with the other frequencies, so we calibrated the gain (also intermediate) or the roll-off, or the characteristics of proportional Q

Let's take an example: Dave likes the M equalizer to play 2.5kHz, we tried it. But sometimes he prefers C for the same purpose, so we tried it. After many attempts, we found that M was fine, but part of the curve was unpredictable and annoying because C did it better. So we edited M making it a little closer to C. Then we found out that M was introducing a low-frequency roll-off and we edited it. At this point, when we put the frequency together with the others, we found that the dB range was too wide, because perhaps the other frequencies had a range of 12dB, and in this case, the range was 15dB. So we uniformed, also editing the intermediate values.
You can understand that it was a crazy process, which took literally months to complete.
Creating a Frankenstein eq is simple, the difficult thing is to edit a Frankenstein eq at a single frequency level and build a coherent product, with a sense.
For us all this has been enlightening because we have dwelt on the positive or negative characteristics of each equalizer to perform a given task, we have learned a lot.
Is this the final "boring" result? Of course not. Almost all Pensado eq comes from hardware machines, with a very specific phase and absolutely unpredictable behaviors for each frequency, the phase behavior varies heavily for each range of intervention, and not all go in the same direction. It's a very rich result, as you can see from the graphs in the manual, and difficult to reproduce in any other way.
How could we call all this?
WORKFLOW
The plugin is not only very fast and light, but it is built to give the maximum speed of execution to achieve a pleasant result, where a normal FFT equalizer would quickly achieve a certain purpose in amplitude but not in phase. It's all frighteningly fast.

The concept of the plugin you are talking about was present in our Versatile eq, where we mixed, for example, an AMBER and a Green to have a perfect equalizer according to the workflow of an Italian engineer who owned both machines. "

I'm still demoing at this point, finding it useful for several things; bass, kick & sounding really good the 2 bus . A few more days before I decide if I need yet another eq...

• Like 1