Acustica Pensado EQ

cclarry

Not to knock Dave P. or anything, and I'm sure it's a decent EQ, but he says he has "never heard of anyone doing this before" on the video...

Waves MManny Marroquin EQ has been doing this for years, sounds really fantastic, AND you can get it for a song!

https://www.waves.com/plugins/manny-marroquin-eq

Of course they are 2 different engineers with their own tastes AND 2 different devs who made them, so they may both be really good and worthwhile to have....

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mibby said:

Not to knock Dave P. or anything, and I'm sure it's a decent EQ, but he says he has "never heard of anyone doing this before" on the video...

Waves MManny Marroquin EQ has been doing this for years, sounds really fantastic, AND you can get it for a song!

https://www.waves.com/plugins/manny-marroquin-eq

Of course they are 2 different engineers with their own tastes AND 2 different devs who made them, so they may both be really good and worthwhile to have....

I totally agree. Got the same impression, Some guys with their marketing are just exaggerating while competitors were there before...

Like TMT in PA, nice thing but it is not their idea... Waves was there before with NLS... etc...

It is really sad now many 'youtube engineers ' are bashing Waves while their plugins were used in many great records which are still great...

• Like 1

Got it.  Sounds really fantastic.  

It’s not surgical.  It also performs better than the other Acustica stuff (doesn’t take 10 seconds to load, etc).  Super musical and kinda “just works”.  Highly recommend the demo.

• Like 1

I'd try it before knocking it. You'd find out there's some new & interesting things going on. I'd suggest by checking out 50-80hz bands first.

CPU spikes when engaging pre-amps because of the tech. Light footprint compared to other models & similar to Diamond Color EQ.

Demo period  is one month, there's sure to be some bugs & updates. Priced a bit high IMO but typical AA sound quality. Doesn't remind of anything that Waves offers.

2 minutes ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

I'd try it before knocking it. You'd find out there's some new & interesting things going on. I'd suggest by checking out 50-80hz bands first.

CPU spikes when engaging pre-amps because of the tech. Light footprint compared to other models & similar to Diamond Color EQ.

Demo period  is one month, there's sure to be some bugs & updates. Priced a bit high IMO but typical AA sound quality. Doesn't remind of anything that Waves offers.

We didn't mean of referring  sonically or in quality but just idea to use completely different flavors from different classic hardware EQs in just one plugin EQ.

As mentioned by @mibby like in Waves Manny Marroquin EQ where for some bands there is API curse used, for the others Neve or Avalon etc...  

15 minutes ago, Piotr said:

We didn't mean of referring  sonically or in quality but just idea to use completely different flavors from different classic hardware EQs in just one plugin EQ.

As mentioned by @mibby like in Waves Manny Marroquin EQ where for some bands there is API curse used, for the others Neve or Avalon etc...  

That's my point, it's more than just different flavors of eq's or plugins.

2 hours ago, Hidden Symmetry said:

That's my point, it's more than just different flavors of eq's or plugins.

To be honest I am not quite sure if I get it.  :(

They have written in description "The Pensado EQ is the result of a scrupulous - almost obsessive - analysis of all those fine details that characterise Dave's unique workflow and approach to mixing. It sports four strategically selected frequency bands, LP/HP filters and two selectable preamplifiers for extended analogue flavour.

Each frequency band emulates different hardware machines that Dave has used over the years and have contributed to crafting his sonic trademark. It took months of hard work, but we finally managed to condense Dave's long-established experience into a single processor."

As I said above "Of course they are 2 different engineers with their own tastes AND 2 different devs who made them, so they may both be really good and worthwhile to have...."  

Although, one is a helluva a lot less $$ though.  I kind of took exception to Dave saying he'd never heard of anyone doing this. He uses Waves plugins, right?  Give credit where credit is due. Manny and Waves (cough cough) really rocked it on this one.

Here is interesting video showing its sonic flavors:

About the thing, I am not comparing apples and pears, just saying they both are fruits so similar thing ;)

With one additional note, Waves just earlier asked famous engineer to help them create versatile EQ based on few different famous hardware into one plugin according to his taste. Nothing worse or better in it. Just chronology. Credits to be first goes to Waves. Of course it doesn't mean anything else than just it ;)

For the records, I like AA, a started to collect their plugs (fall in love in Navy) so in no means I am trying to complain about their flavors. Just I like to show respect to old companies, like for instance some credits goes to J. Hendrix, despite of after him there were lots of magnificent guitar players ;)

Edited by Piotr

4 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Black Friday Overload?

isn't there a "black friday" mode on this forum software ?

oh my goodness - I've just had a terrible thought - is this the first black friday on this version of the forum ?  what if there is a maximum posts per day limit ? - the first we will know is that larry goes awol 

PANIC