Sunrise

AndyB01

This is a longer (and I think now completed) version of one I posted a snippet of a couple of months back as I was undecided whether to continue with it or not. It's a mix of original riffs and some EzKeys loops (mainly from the Prog midi pack) and a whole heap of different instruments - I may have gone a little crazy with tracks, drums and time sigs (there's a 6/8 section in there and 9/8 one as well I think) but on the upside, at least there's no vocals. 😂

See what you think - it kind of meanders a bit and doesn't really go anywhere but I kind of don't mind that too much as I wasn't aiming at anything specific (other than a change from my usual stuff) and I had a whole heap of fun of making this.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeeringAmps said:

Diggin’ the drums that’s for sure; EZD there? Cool the way you broke it down just before the 2 minute minute mark, and again about 3. I kept waiting for the groove to return, but always leave ‘em wanting more!

Thumps up for sure from me. 

Tom

Yeah well guessed Tom, EzD is spot on - it's my go to VST for drums because it is just so easy to use and I actually think the kits sound great. I know folk rave about SD3 but I'm fine with EzD . The groove could always come back - there's surely potential for at least another 30 minutes worth of creativity...!  🤣😂

3 hours ago, David Sprouse said:

Didn't sleep last night so looked here and was able to listen to your song as the sun came up..  It's a beaut here in PDX.  Really cold though.  Good one!

Thanks David - not sure this is music to go sleep to so I doubt it will do much for your insomnia but appreciate the listen as always.

3 hours ago, amiller said:

‘Enjoyed the time changes.😊👍

Thanks @amiller well it is supposed to be a sort of homage to Prog so you kind of have to (although that 9/8 section was tricky) - could do with some of your sublime guitar chops over the last section.

17 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Andy
Very enjoyable listening to the meandering music. I was really getting into it around 2:50 because of that cool little melody starting up. I think that could be developed some more.

Cheers Bjorn - glad you enjoyed it - I'll bear that in mind if I do any more work on this. Andy