Stereo Pan Controls

Bill Phillips

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

You can use the Channel Tools plugin for this.

Thanks, but I don't think Channel Tools is a realistic substitute for Protools separate left/right pan controls. Channel Tools on the source track would affect all sends and the output. Channel Tools on the receiving track would affect all inputs. Protools separate left/right pan controls allow each send and the output of source trackes to be panned differently, and allow each input to receiving tracks to be panned differently.

3 hours ago, Bill Phillips said:

Thanks, but I don't think Channel Tools is a realistic substitute for Protools separate left/right pan controls. Channel Tools on the source track would affect all sends and the output. Channel Tools on the receiving track would affect all inputs. Protools separate left/right pan controls allow each send and the output of source trackes to be panned differently, and allow each input to receiving tracks to be panned differently.

I too requested these pan pots cause it acts as a stereo to mono interleave and also narrow or widen the track, but was told i'm asking for a new plugin to be built. 

So we have to rely on plugins for this purpose. 

51 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

I too requested these pan pots cause it acts as a stereo to mono interleave and also narrow or widen the track, but was told i'm asking for a new plugin to be built. 

So we have to rely on plugins for this purpose. 

Maybe the request isn't clear. I'll say it again. We're asking for separate left and right pan pots for stereo channel outputs and sends with similar functionality to those in Protools.

In any case, it sounds like we're going to need to live without them.🤣 And, I'm ok with that.🙄

13 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

Maybe the request isn't clear. I'll say it again. We're asking for separate left and right pan pots for stereo channel outputs and sends with similar functionality to those in Protools.

In any case, it sounds like we're going to need to live without them.🤣 And, I'm ok with that.🙄

I stand by what I said. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2021 at 6:30 PM, Roland-Music said:

What he asks for is:  Stereo Pan without PlugIns...

2020-06-20_pan.png.fa7779ca4736ec9862a5b7992f27c85c.png

Thanks. Nice comparison, except ProTools is missing and the video didn't address send panning. To me having stereo panning of sends is as important as for outputs. ProTools has separate pan knobs for the output and each send. That's what I'd like to see, though the dual function pan/width control would also work. As @msmcleod pointed out Channel Tools in Cakewalk when used as the last effect in a track can provide true stereo panning in a way similar to BitWig, but stereo panning for sends in Cakewalk is not possible.